The Glass Castle.
This is a book analysis. There is no page limit. The only instruction is to have two paragraphs (five sentences per paragraph) per question for fourteen questions. Questions below:
1. Describe Jeannette’s childhood, specifically her socialization or the process by which she acquired family values, information about social expectations, and survival strategies.
2. Based on the textbook’s discussion of childhood socialization, how does Jeannette’s early childhood experience differ from that described by the textbook or how is it similar?
3. Describe the Walls family from a systems perspective. How do they function in relation to their methods of communication? Summarize description of positive family functioning and the interaction between mezzo (family) and macro (agencies, job market, resources)
4. Summarize a learning theory that best explains the process by which Jeannette acquires information about appropriate behavior (reference the required text). Give examples from Jeannette’s account of her childhood to support your choice.
5. Describe Jeannette’s school experiences. Discuss play with peers, bullying, and teacher impact. Summarize the required text discussion of childhood socialization in the school environment.
6. Which of the following forms of child maltreatment best depicts Jeannette’s experience, physical abuse, child neglect, or psychological maltreatment? Support your choice based on examples from The Glass Castle and the characteristics of child maltreatment given in the required textbook.
7. Erikson’s psychosocial theory is explained in the required text, discuss the significant events that influenced Jeannette during the developmental stages of initiative vs. guilt; industry vs. inferiority; and identity vs. role confusion and her resolution for each developmental crisis.
8. Discuss two mental health problems that were present in the Walls family (one for each parent)
9. Describe the strengths and limitations of the Walls family; include a minimum of three strengths/limitations.
10. The textbook offers a description of several theories (functional, conflict, and interactionist) that may account for poverty. Select and discuss one (1) that helps you understand the Walls family’s economic status.
11. Based on your understanding of the theories of poverty (functional, conflict, and interactionist) answer the following question raised in The Glass Castle, “is homelessness the result of drug abuse and misguided entitlement programs, as the conservatives claim, or did it occur, as the liberals argue because of cuts in social service programs and the failure to create economic opportunity for the poor?”
12. In your opinion is the Walls family poor? If yes are they poor by choice or as a result of the failure of a macro system? You must provide evidence to support your opinion.
13. Summarize one peer-reviewed article from a professional journal that will increase your understanding of social work practice with families living in poverty. The selected article can be research or practice-based. However, your summary must specifically discuss assessment, prevention, or intervention with families living in poverty.
14. Reflections: Respond to the following, 1) Should the Walls children have been removed from their home? 2) What were the possible benefits and risks of removing them from the home? 3) How are your values the same and different from those of the Walls family? 4) What lessons did you learn about strengths in the midst of adversity? For more information on The Glass Castle check on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Glass_Castle
Plagiarism Free Papers
Thehomeworkwritings.com’s team of writers write all papers from scratch. We deliver 100% original, unique papers. That’s what makes us the best custom homework writing service
We provide unlimited free revisions to all customers and on all papers. Try The Homework Writings today for the best custom homework writing service and experience in the industry.
Thehomeworkwritings.com gives clients title pages free of charge. Your only job is to fill out our order form. We will handle the rest.
As the leading essay writing service, we never submit any paper without a reference/bibliography page. We do this free of charge too.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworkwritings.com, we take great pride in delivering only high-quality 100% original papers to all our clients. We also never share any of our clients’ information with third parties. Your data is safe with us.
24/7 Customer Support
No other custom homework writing service has a friendly, always available customer support team to respond to clients like us.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Why outsource our services
We have the best customer support team for your essay writing needs.
You won’t find any other custom homework writing service with pricing as flexible and affordable as ours.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We provide a direct line of communication with our writers for the best writing experience.
As the leading custom homework writing service, we take deadlines very seriously. You will have your paper submitted on time without any delays.
We truly value your feedback, good or bad, and always use your feedback to help us provide you with an even better custom homework writing service