In at least four (4) full, type-written pages, please answer the following:
(Resources are additional. Though you are free to use whichever format you are most comfortable with, you have to use intext parenthetical citations and be consistent throughout.)
The state of Texas has a reputation for being a “low service, low tax” state. In fact, Texas prides itself on levying no state income tax on individuals or businesses. While Texas certainly provides a favorable environment for business, its tax system is often criticized for being too regressive. Evaluate the pros and cons of having no state income tax. Should the Lone Star State start taxing incomes or continue
business as usual?
While answering this question you should discuss the following:
1) What are the different ways in which states fund their governments?
2) What are the major sources of state revenue in Texas? What are the key advantages and disadvantages associated with adopting this type of policy?
3) What are regressive taxes? And, are regressive taxes a fair way for the state to generate revenue? How does this contrast with a progressive taxation structure?
4) Who are the winners and losers of the way in which Texas generates revenue?
5) Based on what you now know about how different states generate revenue, what do you think would be the most “fair” way for the state of Texas to operate? You are expected to take a side on what the most “fair” way for states to generate revenue is, but only after analyzing and acknowledging others’ perspectives and research on the topic. Your position, and the conclusion you reach, should be a logical consequence of the information you have gathered on the topic. In fact, your responses must include the use of scholarly (peer-reviewed) literature, though you may supplement this with information from the textbook.
I suggest you start your research as soon as possible and ensure that you have access to the LSC library databases.
Please note that you are NOT allowed to turn in work that you have already turn in to another class, even in part, and doing so will get you a zero on the assignment.
Please remember that this is a research paper, NOT an opinion piece. Phrases such as “I believe”, “I think” and similar phrases have no place here. “Research suggests”, “these statistics indicate” etc. is how you want to approach this.
When thinking about this question you should assume that states that feature no income taxes must resort to more regressive taxes to generate revenue. Hence, having a state income tax implies fewer or less regressive taxes. That is, you can assume that if Texas introduced a state income tax, that would decrease the regressive taxes it levies on its residents. Please note that Texas has never had a personal
income tax. In fact, in 2019 the Texas Constitution was amended to ban any future income tax, though this could be overturned if a 2/3 majority of the legislature was to vote to repeal the ban. For more information on Taxes in the State of Texas check out: https://www.encyclopedia.com/articles/how-to-determine-state-of-residency-for-tax-purposes/
Plagiarism Free Papers
Thehomeworkwritings.com’s team of writers write all papers from scratch. We deliver 100% original, unique papers. That’s what makes us the best custom homework writing service
We provide unlimited free revisions to all customers and on all papers. Try The Homework Writings today for the best custom homework writing service and experience in the industry.
Thehomeworkwritings.com gives clients title pages free of charge. Your only job is to fill out our order form. We will handle the rest.
As the leading essay writing service, we never submit any paper without a reference/bibliography page. We do this free of charge too.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworkwritings.com, we take great pride in delivering only high-quality 100% original papers to all our clients. We also never share any of our clients’ information with third parties. Your data is safe with us.
24/7 Customer Support
No other custom homework writing service has a friendly, always available customer support team to respond to clients like us.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Why outsource our services
We have the best customer support team for your essay writing needs.
You won’t find any other custom homework writing service with pricing as flexible and affordable as ours.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We provide a direct line of communication with our writers for the best writing experience.
As the leading custom homework writing service, we take deadlines very seriously. You will have your paper submitted on time without any delays.
We truly value your feedback, good or bad, and always use your feedback to help us provide you with an even better custom homework writing service