Write a 5 page paper in APA format (not including the cover page and reference page). Read the section entitled, Strategic planning for community health: mobilizing for action through planning and partnership (page 38) and learn about MAPP at https://ctb.ku.edu/en/node/103.
Goal. Your goal is to create a cause-and-effect essay demonstrating the ability of MAPP to effectively improve the quality of life or another tangible benefit for a community. Make sure you find a few examples of MAPP in-practice use them during the creation of the cause-and-effect essay.
Chapter 3 Strategic planning may be incrementally adjusted but still are expected to maintain consistency with the organization’s strategy. budget planning Finally, as depicted in Figure 3–1, operational plans require funding. Budget plans, in the form of a capital budget for major purchases, an operating budget for annual revenues and expenses, and a cash budget to predict the inflow and outflow of cash, are common planning mechanisms in organizations. Budgeting is covered in more detail later in this book.
Strategic planning for Community health: mobilizing for action through planning and partnerships.
Mobilizing for Action through Planning and Partnerships (MAPP) is a strategic planning process for improving public health services and outcomes in local communities. Similar to the organizational strategic planning model in Figure 3–1, MAPP is a community-wide strategic planning tool developed specifically for public health by the National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). A workgroup of local health officials, CDC representatives, community representatives, and public health experts developed MAPP between 1997 and 2000. MAPP “helps communities improve health and quality of life by identifying and using their resources wisely, taking into account their unique circumstances and needs, and forming effective partnerships for strategic action” (NACCHO 2010).
The MAPP process assesses all levels of organizations, including public, private, and voluntary organizations, as well as individuals, involved in public health activities in the community. This assessment creates a complete picture of the resources available to the local public system. MAPP is based on a community-driven and community-owned approach designed to assess and enhance a community’s strengths, needs, and desires, which will in turn drive the strategic process (NACCHO 2010). Compared to the strategic planning steps outlined in this chapter, the MAPP model places a greater emphasis on the external environmental assessment in order to identify opportunities for public health organizations to more effectively secure resources, align needs and assets, respond to external circumstances, participate and manage change, and establish a long-term direction for improving the health of the community. MAPP uses assessment tools to determine the health status and community perceptions of health needs. MAPP Process
The MAPP process includes six steps (NACCHO 2010):
1. Organizing for Success: This step involves organizing the planning process and developing partnerships.
2. Visioning: The visioning step engages stakeholders in a collaborative, creative process of developing a shared community vision with common values.
3. Conducting Community Assessments: Four community assessments provide information about internal and external environmental trends relevant to the community:
• Community Themes and Strengths Assessment: Identifies local community interests, perceptions about quality of life, and assets.
• Local Public Health System Assessment: Appraises the capacity of the local public health system to conduct essential public health services.
• Community Health Status Assessment: Analyzes data about health status, quality of life, and risk factors. • Forces of Change Assessment: Identifies changing external forces and dynamics of the community and the local public health system.
4. identifying Strategic issues: Similar to the “identification and evaluation of major strategic issues and options” step in the planning model presented earlier, in this step, participants develop a prioritized list of the most important issues facing the community based on the results of the four MAPP assessments and the shared community vision.
5. Formulating goals and Strategies: In this step, participants take the strategic issues identified in the previous phase and formulate goal statements and broad strategies for addressing issues, resulting in the development and adoption of an interrelated set of strategy statements.
6. Action Cycle: In this final step, the local public health system develops and implements an action plan for addressing priority goals and objectives. The plans are implemented and evaluated, with ensuing adjustments in the earlier steps as necessary. The final step in the MAPP process is similar to operations planning and implementation in an organization
Strategic planning is a formal process used to establish an organization’s goals and the strategies for achieving them. Strategic planning involves an assessment of an organization’s status, a definition of where it wants to be, and a definition of the set of actions needed to implement change (or maintain its current position). Organizational missions or visions should create stretch goals for organizations to significantly improve the quality of their outputs and/or their performance. The strategic choices made by a health organization must be consistent with its mission, vision, and values. Once the strategic choices are made, they become the basis upon which to develop operational plans. As a result of the strategic planning process, strategies are developed to ensure that all of the efforts of the health organization and its resources are aligned to serve the identified needs. Healthy People 2020 helps public health organizations align their strategic priorities with those of the US government. MAPP is one strategic approach that is useful in public health planning at the community level.
Systems thinking about Strategic planning can work well when the future is somewhat predictable. What about when the environment is so complex or dynamic that managers are unable to see very far down the road? Under such conditions, strategic planning in its traditional form may not be useful, but organizations are not helpless. To the extent that the future is emergent rather than predictable, McDaniel, Jordan, and Fleeman (2003) urge that organizations cultivate creativity and learning. To do so, scenario planning is one popular technique. Scenario planning means imagining a range of different futures that are plausible and thinking through strategic responses to them. Although each scenario is plausible, no single specific scenario is actually likely to ensue. However, the scenario planning process alerts the organization to build flexibility into its strategic actions. Another useful management style in uncertain environments is mindfulness. Mindfulness means paying close attention to the way that events are noticed and interpreted as well as being open to new information and ways to notice and interpret. Encouraging an open system and listening to feedback from stakeholders, including employees and customers, are ways for managers to be more mindful of the change in their organizational environments. For more information on Strategic Planning For Community Health check on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?search=Strategic+planning+for+Community+health
Plagiarism Free Papers
Thehomeworkwritings.com’s team of writers write all papers from scratch. We deliver 100% original, unique papers. That’s what makes us the best custom homework writing service
We provide unlimited free revisions to all customers and on all papers. Try The Homework Writings today for the best custom homework writing service and experience in the industry.
Thehomeworkwritings.com gives clients title pages free of charge. Your only job is to fill out our order form. We will handle the rest.
As the leading essay writing service, we never submit any paper without a reference/bibliography page. We do this free of charge too.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworkwritings.com, we take great pride in delivering only high-quality 100% original papers to all our clients. We also never share any of our clients’ information with third parties. Your data is safe with us.
24/7 Customer Support
No other custom homework writing service has a friendly, always available customer support team to respond to clients like us.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Why outsource our services
We have the best customer support team for your essay writing needs.
You won’t find any other custom homework writing service with pricing as flexible and affordable as ours.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We provide a direct line of communication with our writers for the best writing experience.
As the leading custom homework writing service, we take deadlines very seriously. You will have your paper submitted on time without any delays.
We truly value your feedback, good or bad, and always use your feedback to help us provide you with an even better custom homework writing service