8. Dr. Patton is a profressor of English. Recently she counted the number of misspelled words in a group of student essays. She noted the distribution of misspelled words per essay followed the normal distribution with a population standard deviation of 2.44 words per essay. For her 10a.m. section of 40 students, the mean number of misspelled words was 6.05. Construct a 95 percent confidence interval for the mean number of misspelled words in the population of student essays.
10. Use appendix B.2 to locate the value of t under the following conditions:
a. The sample size is 15 and the level of confidence is 95 percent.
b. The sample size is 24 and the level of confidence is 98 percent.
c. The sample size is 12 and the level of confidence is 90 percent.
*****FYI in order to answer this questions please reference to B.2 student’s t distribution (concluded)found in this link http://www.wiziq.com/tutorial/11174-Tablas-de-Estadisticas*****
12. The U.S. Dairy industry wants to estimate the mean yearly milk consumption. A sample of 16 people reveals the mean yearly consumption to be 60 gallons with standard deviation of 20 gallons.
a.What is the value of the population mean? What is the best estimate of this value?
b.Explain why we need to use the t distribution. What assumption do you need to make?
c. For a 90 percent confidence interval, what is value of t?
d. Develop the 90 percent confidence interval for the population mean.
e. Would it be reasonable to conclude that the population mean is 63 gallons?
16. Ms. Maria Wilson is considering running for mayor of the town of Bear Gluch, Montana. Before completing the petitions, she decides to conduct a survey of voters in Bear Gulch. A sample of 400 voters reveals that 300 would support her in the November election.
a. Estimate the value of the population proportion.
b. Develop a 99 percent confidence interval for the population portion.
c. Interpret your findings.
20. We want to estimate the population mean within 5, with a 99 percent level of confidence. The population standard deviation is estimated to be 15. How large a sample is required?
22. The estimate of the population proportion is to be within plus of minus .10, with a 99 percent level of confidence. The best estimate of the population proportion is .45. How large a sample is required?
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At thehomeworkwritings.com, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.