Sport and psychology
Objective: The purpose of this assignment is for you to interview a leader in your chosen career field to assess how he/she develops groups/teams and environments, leads groups/teams, and communicates with others.
1. Select an individual to interview who is a leader in your chosen career path.
a. You are encouraged to step out of your comfort zone and contact someone you do not know.
2. Contact this individual and set-up a time to conduct an in-person or over-the-phone interview.
a. It is a good idea to develop your interview questions first and then send them to the individual you are interviewing a few days before the interview so he/she has time to reflect on the questions before the scheduled interview.
3. While conducting the interview, write down specific quotes and additional comments made by the interviewee.
a. The more notes you can write down the easier it will be to write the paper on this assignment.
b. It’s always a good idea to send a thank-you note following the interview, thanking him/her for their time.
4. Write the paper, following the submission guidelines (see below).
The questions listed below are general in nature. Please feel free to ask additional questions or to probe further into specific issues brought up during the interview. The introductory questions are included to give you a background of the individual you are interviewing. You should begin your interview by asking these or similar types of questions.
1. How long have you been working in this career field?
2. What were the reasons you decided on this career path?
3. What kind of education have you obtained?
4. What is your job title?
5. What other jobs have you held in your lifetime?
Group and Team Dynamics and Group Cohesion Questions
1. Do you feel a team or group climate plays a role in your team or group success? If yes, how? If no, why not?
2. How do you handle an individual who has a difficult attitude or is not pulling his/her weight on the team or group?
3. What strategies have you used to help a group of individuals become a team? Were the strategies effective? If yes, how so? If no, what would you do differently next time?
1. How would you describe your decision-making style? Explain your response by providing examples of how you execute this style of leadership.
2. How do you establish rules or expectations among your team or group members?
3. What kind of decisions do you allow those you oversee to make?
4. Often, leadership is described as an “art” rather than a science. Do you agree with this? Yes, no, explain your response.
1. How do you communicate with your team or group members? Within this process, where, if any, do you see communication breaking down?
2. What is one area of communication you do well and one area you can improve upon? Explain your response.
3. What are the channels of communication on your team or group of individuals?
Paper Submission Guidelines:
1. Describe the individual you interviewed and explain why you chose to interview this person.
2. Explain this individual’s history as it relates to his/her education and current position.
1. Highlight specific findings from the interview. When doing this, please use direct quotes to illustrate what your interviewee said about the topics.
a. Please do not feel like you have to highlight all topic areas of the interview. Pick and choose a few topics that your interviewee gave you a good insight into.
2. Provide research evidence that supports or refutes your interviewee’s comments specific to the highlighted topics.
a. All research should be referenced both within the paper (in-text citations) and at the end of the paper in a reference list.
b. This section of the paper should be written in a formal paper format, not in a question/answer format.
1. Reflect on the interview by reviewing the topics discussed by the interviewee as it relates to research evidence.
2. Discuss what you learned from the interview that will help you in your future career. For more information on Sport Psychology check on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport_psychology
Plagiarism Free Papers
Thehomeworkwritings.com’s team of writers write all papers from scratch. We deliver 100% original, unique papers. That’s what makes us the best custom homework writing service
We provide unlimited free revisions to all customers and on all papers. Try The Homework Writings today for the best custom homework writing service and experience in the industry.
Thehomeworkwritings.com gives clients title pages free of charge. Your only job is to fill out our order form. We will handle the rest.
As the leading essay writing service, we never submit any paper without a reference/bibliography page. We do this free of charge too.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworkwritings.com, we take great pride in delivering only high-quality 100% original papers to all our clients. We also never share any of our clients’ information with third parties. Your data is safe with us.
24/7 Customer Support
No other custom homework writing service has a friendly, always available customer support team to respond to clients like us.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We have the best customer support team for your essay writing needs.
You won’t find any other custom homework writing service with pricing as flexible and affordable as ours.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We provide a direct line of communication with our writers for the best writing experience.
As the leading custom homework writing service, we take deadlines very seriously. You will have your paper submitted on time without any delays.
We truly value your feedback, good or bad, and always use your feedback to help us provide you with an even better custom homework writing service