This assignment focuses on your ability to: learn how to interpret the literary device of setting and how it affects the character of the story/poem.
The purpose of completing this assignment is: as a student, in your career, and individual lives, you will often need to look beyond the plot and summary of what you are reading and put a different spin on it. An example of this might be interpreting data and the varying components of how that data was created, as well as what to do with the data as you move forward.
Prompt (What are you writing about):
Choose one of the readings from this unit and in a well-crafted 2-page essay, respond to the following prompt:
Choose one of the stories/poems in Units One or Two. Analyze the setting place and setting mood and how this setting and mood shape the story?
Instructions (how to get it done):
Read through all of the instructions of this assignment.
Read all of the unit 1 and 2 resources.
Select one of stories or poems to write about.
Your audience for this essay is people who have read the stories/poems.
Use text examples to support your answer.
Your essay will have the following components:
o A title page
o An Introduction
o A thesis at the end of the introduction that clearly states how setting shapes the story.
o At least two supporting sections that defend your thesis/focus of the essay
o Text support with properly cited in-text citations
o A concluding paragraph
o A reference page with the short story citation
• Length and format: At least 2 pages.
• The title page and reference page are also required, but they should not be factored into the 2-page length of the essay. • The paper should be double spaced with 1-inch margins. Choice of fonts: 11-point Calibri, 11-point Arial,12-point Times New Roman. Essay should conform to APA formatting and citation style.
• Use the third-person, objective voice, avoiding personal pronouns such as “I,” “you,” “we,” etc.
• Please use the short story sources and any outside sources you need to create a properly formatted APA reference page.
• Use APA format for in-text citations and references when using outside sources and textual evidence.
• Skills to be assessed with this assignment: creating effective thesis statements, incorporating text, responding to literature.
• Please be cautious about plagiarism. Make sure to use in-text citations for direct quotes, paraphrases, and new information. Mini lesson on thesis statements:
• Questions to ask yourself:
o What is the setting of my chosen story? What is the place? What is the mood created by the author? How do the place and mood affect the story for the reader?
o For example, it is apparent that in Whitman’s “I Hear America Singing” you would devote a supporting section to the locations of his poem and a supporting section to the mood he creates through the setting.
• Translate that into a thesis:
o After you have made connections to these two areas of setting you will then form your thesis.
o Here is a example template for your thesis. You are welcome to use this template for your essay:
▪ In Walt Whitman’s poem “I Hear America Singing”, it is apparent that the setting place and location shape the poem through the obvious American workers’ locations and the tone of triumph and hopefulness.
Plagiarism Free Papers
Thehomeworkwritings.com’s team of writers write all papers from scratch. We deliver 100% original, unique papers. That’s what makes us the best custom homework writing service
We provide unlimited free revisions to all customers and on all papers. Try The Homework Writings today for the best custom homework writing service and experience in the industry.
Thehomeworkwritings.com gives clients title pages free of charge. Your only job is to fill out our order form. We will handle the rest.
As the leading essay writing service, we never submit any paper without a reference/bibliography page. We do this free of charge too.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworkwritings.com, we take great pride in delivering only high-quality 100% original papers to all our clients. We also never share any of our clients’ information with third parties. Your data is safe with us.
24/7 Customer Support
No other custom homework writing service has a friendly, always available customer support team to respond to clients like us.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Why outsource our services
We have the best customer support team for your essay writing needs.
You won’t find any other custom homework writing service with pricing as flexible and affordable as ours.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We provide a direct line of communication with our writers for the best writing experience.
As the leading custom homework writing service, we take deadlines very seriously. You will have your paper submitted on time without any delays.
We truly value your feedback, good or bad, and always use your feedback to help us provide you with an even better custom homework writing service