Answer the following questions based on Chapter 1 reading and videos. Try your best to summarize the information and write what you have learned in your own words. Any text that you directly copy needs to be in quotation marks. Copying from the textbook will not be enough to get a high grade (see the grading rubric below). For full credit, you should either explain the information in your own words or if you copy text from the book, you should also provide your own interpretation.
Please re-copy each question above your answer, making sure to include the question number. Answer in full sentences and DESCRIBE when asked to do so. Submit your answers directly into the submission box. To avoid losing any of your work due to technical problems, I strongly suggest that you record your answers in a word or text file and then paste them into the submission box when you are finished.
From the textbook:
1. What is science?
2. What is the scientific method? List and describe the different steps.
3. How does the textbook say science compares to other ways of knowing? What would you add to this, based on your personal experience?
4. Write two questions (related to humans/anthropology) – one that COULD be investigated scientifically and one that CANNOT be tested scientifically.
From the “Darwin and Wallace” video:
5. When did Wallace and Darwin go on their research expeditions? What was the predominant view about the origin of species in the mid-1800s? (before Darwin and Wallace developed their ideas about evolution)
6. Describe what Darwin observed about the tortoises and the mockingbirds on the Galapagos Islands.
7. What evidence did Darwin use to support his idea that species come from other species?
8. What did Wallace conclude about where new species arise?
9. What were the names of the publications where Darwin and Wallace described their ideas about natural selection?
From “The Theory of Natural Selection” video:
10. List and describe Darwin’s 4 conditions for Natural Selection.
Outstanding work with thorough, detailed, and clearly written answers
for question 10th
for question 5 until 9
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P30QlwSsUic&feature=emb_logo. For more information on Scientific Method and Natural Selection Questions check out : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi0hwFDQTSQ
Attachment : Chapter 1 Introduction to Biological Anthropology-1
Plagiarism Free Papers
Thehomeworkwritings.com’s team of writers write all papers from scratch. We deliver 100% original, unique papers. That’s what makes us the best custom homework writing service
We provide unlimited free revisions to all customers and on all papers. Try The Homework Writings today for the best custom homework writing service and experience in the industry.
Thehomeworkwritings.com gives clients title pages free of charge. Your only job is to fill out our order form. We will handle the rest.
As the leading essay writing service, we never submit any paper without a reference/bibliography page. We do this free of charge too.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworkwritings.com, we take great pride in delivering only high-quality 100% original papers to all our clients. We also never share any of our clients’ information with third parties. Your data is safe with us.
24/7 Customer Support
No other custom homework writing service has a friendly, always available customer support team to respond to clients like us.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Why outsource our services
We have the best customer support team for your essay writing needs.
You won’t find any other custom homework writing service with pricing as flexible and affordable as ours.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We provide a direct line of communication with our writers for the best writing experience.
As the leading custom homework writing service, we take deadlines very seriously. You will have your paper submitted on time without any delays.
We truly value your feedback, good or bad, and always use your feedback to help us provide you with an even better custom homework writing service