A company that manufactures kitchen products wants to add a set of plastic bowls to the product line. The set would have four bowls with diameters of 6, 8, 10, and 12 inches with a max weight of 5 lbs.
Develop an implementation plan and design a robotic cell layout that would include a robot to unload finished bowls from a plastic injection machine , trim excess mold material from the bowls using a trim press, present the bowls to a vision system for quality/defects inspection and place the finished bowls on an exit conveyor and the rejected parts into a reject bin. A single mold die is used for all four bowls. The systems will be a fully automated system.
1. Document all assumptions made ( cell layout, cycle times, mixed products/batch production , etc.)
2. Select the robotic arm from fanuc.com and indicate which robot selection criteria were used in the selection process.
3. List vendor names, models, and description for all machines
4. Draw a top view of the cell illustrating the footprint of all machines and the work envelope of the robot.
5. Develop a list of sensors to support the production cell design . Include the model number and type, work cell condition to be sensed.
6. Select the most appropriate end-effector/ gripper for the application and justify the selection. The tooling should be capable of handling the 6- and 8-inch bowls two at the time. Include all calculations associated with the sizing , weight and lifting power. Document all assumptions and vendor selection.
7 . Specify the work-cell control architecture and integration of the robot controller with the other cell control devices like PLC, sensors, machine vision, HMIs, safety systems, etc.
8. Develop a chart showing the operational sequence including the tasks graph illustrating the program flow : all translation point data ( programmed locations), the motion variables ( gripper conditions/state, delays , speed) use at every point and the logic used to make decisions during the program execution.
9. Develop a safety strategy for the cell : risk assessment, hazard reduction, hardware selection ( gates/interlock devices, light curtains, safety mats etc. )
10. Draw a high-level graphical user interface for controlling and operating the cell
11. Develop a list of all possible faults and alarm events that would require human intervention and the actions required to mitigate these errors ( faulty sensor, translation point is off a few mm, conveyor not running, etc. )
12. Analyze the quality requirements for the bowl production and identify how the vision system can be used for inspection.
13. Identify and present the befits of automating vs manual operation of the cell ( financial/ROI , quality, safety, etc.)
Use the course material and textbooks, https://www.robotics.org, robot vendors websites ( Fanuc, robotiq, abb, denso, universal robots, etc.) . For more information on Robotic Work Cell Implementation check out : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGv3Os12ZUY
Plagiarism Free Papers
Thehomeworkwritings.com’s team of writers write all papers from scratch. We deliver 100% original, unique papers. That’s what makes us the best custom homework writing service
We provide unlimited free revisions to all customers and on all papers. Try The Homework Writings today for the best custom homework writing service and experience in the industry.
Thehomeworkwritings.com gives clients title pages free of charge. Your only job is to fill out our order form. We will handle the rest.
As the leading essay writing service, we never submit any paper without a reference/bibliography page. We do this free of charge too.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworkwritings.com, we take great pride in delivering only high-quality 100% original papers to all our clients. We also never share any of our clients’ information with third parties. Your data is safe with us.
24/7 Customer Support
No other custom homework writing service has a friendly, always available customer support team to respond to clients like us.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Why outsource our services
We have the best customer support team for your essay writing needs.
You won’t find any other custom homework writing service with pricing as flexible and affordable as ours.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We provide a direct line of communication with our writers for the best writing experience.
As the leading custom homework writing service, we take deadlines very seriously. You will have your paper submitted on time without any delays.
We truly value your feedback, good or bad, and always use your feedback to help us provide you with an even better custom homework writing service