Problem Set 1. “Macro Review”. Spring 2021. Macro I Online course.
1. List three macroeconomic issues that have been in the news lately and explain why those are relevant for how the economy works as a whole.
2. What do you think are the defining characteristics of a science? Do you think economics should be called a science? Why or why not? (to answer this question, watch the videos I posted on TopHat)
3. Use the traditional model of supply and demand to explain how an increase in the price of ice-cream would affect the price of frozen yogurt and the quantity of ice cream sold in the market. In your explanation, identify the exogenous and endogenous variables. Draw the demand and supply functions of both goods and explain the process.
4. What is the condition of market-clearing useful? When it happens? Can you give an example of how a particular market behaves in the short-run versus the long-run and the role of the price in that market?
5. Research question: Create a table in Excel that contains the evolution of the index that establishes the relationship between income per capita (GDP per capita in purchasing power parity -PPS-) of the U.S., every European country comprising the Euro Area-19 countries (in relation to the EU-27 = 100), and Japan. The time horizon is from 2010 to 2029. (HINT: use EUROSTAT as a source to get the data and build the table).
a. What countries lead the ranking of per capita income in 2029?
b. What are the countries that have a lower per capita income in 2019? What country or countries
started from lower levels of income per person? Are there signs of significant development and jumps in the standings of the period
c. Create a line graph in excel that compares the temporal evolution of per capita income of the Euro Area countries versus the evolution of the U.S. and Japan. You should reflect the evolution of every country in the European Monetary Union (EMU, therefore 19 lines) with respect to that in Japan and the U.S., plus a line that reflects the Euro Zone (EU-19) as one area or region. Discuss the graph.
d. Create a graph for the unemployment rate in the US, Euro Zone (19 countries, one by one), the US and Japan since 2010. Compare the trends across countries. You should reflect the evolution of every Euro-Area country, the U.S and Japan, plus a line that reflects the overall Euro Area performance (EU19).
6. Let’s suppose that the working-age population in a fictitious country is 50,000 people. There are 1,000 unemployed workers and 150 discourage workers. The participation rate is 70%. What is the labor force of this country?
a. Calculate the unemployment rate and the number of people employed.
b. Suppose that participation rate declines to 65%. Redo all calculations. For more information on Recent Macroeconomic Issues check out : https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/03/economy/economy-perception-pew-study/index.html
Plagiarism Free Papers
Thehomeworkwritings.com’s team of writers write all papers from scratch. We deliver 100% original, unique papers. That’s what makes us the best custom homework writing service
We provide unlimited free revisions to all customers and on all papers. Try The Homework Writings today for the best custom homework writing service and experience in the industry.
Thehomeworkwritings.com gives clients title pages free of charge. Your only job is to fill out our order form. We will handle the rest.
As the leading essay writing service, we never submit any paper without a reference/bibliography page. We do this free of charge too.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworkwritings.com, we take great pride in delivering only high-quality 100% original papers to all our clients. We also never share any of our clients’ information with third parties. Your data is safe with us.
24/7 Customer Support
No other custom homework writing service has a friendly, always available customer support team to respond to clients like us.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We have the best customer support team for your essay writing needs.
You won’t find any other custom homework writing service with pricing as flexible and affordable as ours.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We provide a direct line of communication with our writers for the best writing experience.
As the leading custom homework writing service, we take deadlines very seriously. You will have your paper submitted on time without any delays.
We truly value your feedback, good or bad, and always use your feedback to help us provide you with an even better custom homework writing service