Knowing the history of special education involves reviewing multiple laws and landmark cases. This will help you have a better understanding of the progress and process that led us to The Individuals with Disabilities Improvement Education Act (IDEIA). Formally known as The Education for All Handicapped Children Act (PL 94-142) in 1975, now named IDEIA, this act supported children with special needs that were denied adequate schooling and equal educational opportunities. In this assignment, you will explore basic federal laws that continue to impact educational programs of children with special needs.
First, choose a public law or a landmark case from the list below that has impacted special education and/or exceptional students:
• Brown v. Board of Education (Topeka, Kansas)
• Sheff v. O’Neil (CT)
• Pennsylvania Association for Retarded Children (PARC) v. Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
• Larry P v. Riles
• Board of Education of the Hendrick Hudson Central School District v. Rowley
• Daniel R. R. v. State Board of Education
• Honig v. Doe
• Board of Education in Sacramento, CA v. Holland
• PL 94-142/ IDEA/IDEIA
• Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
• No Child Left Behind (NCLB)
• Jacob K. Javits Gifted and Talented Special Education Act
Then, write a reflection that includes the following:
1. The information of the case/law, including the name, PL#, title of law/landmark case, and year it became a law.
CHS 208 – Teaching Exceptional Learners
Unit 1 Assignment Forum: Public Law Reflection2. A brief summary of the law/court case describing the plaintiffs and defendants, reason for the lawsuit, and the outcome of the case.
3. Analyze the public law/landmark case, including specific and convincing examples connecting the impact of the law on special education today. Include at least two (2) specific and convincing examples.
4. Your personal reflection on the law and its importance on the inclusion of all children. Include details from the text, resources, and personal and/or professional experiences. For more information on Public Law Reflection check out: https://www.encyclopedia.com/social-sciences-and-law/law/law/public-law
Plagiarism Free Papers
Thehomeworkwritings.com’s team of writers write all papers from scratch. We deliver 100% original, unique papers. That’s what makes us the best custom homework writing service
We provide unlimited free revisions to all customers and on all papers. Try The Homework Writings today for the best custom homework writing service and experience in the industry.
Thehomeworkwritings.com gives clients title pages free of charge. Your only job is to fill out our order form. We will handle the rest.
As the leading essay writing service, we never submit any paper without a reference/bibliography page. We do this free of charge too.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworkwritings.com, we take great pride in delivering only high-quality 100% original papers to all our clients. We also never share any of our clients’ information with third parties. Your data is safe with us.
24/7 Customer Support
No other custom homework writing service has a friendly, always available customer support team to respond to clients like us.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Why outsource our services
We have the best customer support team for your essay writing needs.
You won’t find any other custom homework writing service with pricing as flexible and affordable as ours.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We provide a direct line of communication with our writers for the best writing experience.
As the leading custom homework writing service, we take deadlines very seriously. You will have your paper submitted on time without any delays.
We truly value your feedback, good or bad, and always use your feedback to help us provide you with an even better custom homework writing service