2. (TCO 8) Steve sells traffic signs and tape to municipalities. In his region he has a few affluent communities that order the best items. Carla has even more communities in her region that are affluent, and she sells even more items. If their supervisor does not use some adjustment factor to account for the differences in regions when evaluating the performance of the two workers, the evaluations will exhibit (Points : 2)
3. (TCO 8) One of the major disadvantages of ranking as an appraisal method is that it (Points : 2)
cannot be used to compare people in different work groups.
does not measure the employees’ motivation to use their ability on a daily basis.
has opportunity bias.
compares employees to a fixed standard.
creates excessive competition among employees.
4. (TCO 8) Fairway Green Inc. has added a lucrative retirement plan for its employees that includes medical benefits for retirees. These benefits target which level of need in Maslow’s hierarchy (Points : 2)
5. (TCO 8) In most police forces, promotion to a higher grade comes after the officer has passed an examination. If Micah were unable to pass this examination after four tries, it is reasonable that he would decide that his friendships with the people he currently works with are more important than his promotion. He would have replaced ____ needs with ____ needs. (Points : 2)
6. (TCO 8) Cliff works for the New York Department of Transportation. He perceives that his union’s contract is so strong he can’t be fired and the only way he will get promoted is if the person above him dies or retires. He has (Points : 2)
low effort-to-performance expectancy and low performance-to-outcome expectancy.
low effort-to-performance expectancy and high performance-to-outcome expectancy.
high effort-to-performance expectancy and low performance-to-outcome expectancy.
high effort-to-performance expectancy and high performance-to-outcome expectancy.
7. (TCO 8) Adam felt neutral toward his Management class after the first week. However, after he made an A on this first exam, he said the class was great. This is an example of which of the following? (Points : 2)
Satisfaction leads to performance
Performance leads to satisfaction
Expectancy leads to high performance
Intrinsic rewards lead to performance
Satisfaction leads to intrinsic rewards
8. (TCO 9) ____ is the relatively stable set of psychological and behavioral attributes that distinguish one person from another. (Points : 2)
9. (TCO 9) Tom Evslin knew that using the Internet to make telephone calls was a good idea, but the static you get when you try to talk with a computer and a microphone to someone else with a computer and a microphone is unacceptable. He started a new company to make it possible to use the Internet to make clear telephone calls. He is very excited about his new company’s possibility and claims, “I have just barely opened the door for this new technology. We’re going to be more successful than AT&T.” Which of the following terms best describes Evslin? (Points : 2)
An internal locus of control
10. (TCO 9) Dale wants to work for a company that offers stock options. He used to work for a German company that did not offer its employees stock options. Now Dale has an offer from BASF, a German-owned corporation, but he is not very interested. Dale is using (Points : 2)
11. (TCO 8) What is the difference between training and developing? Briefly describe three methods companies use to teach employees? In what situation is each method best used? (Points : 5)
12. (TCO 9) Assume that the employees in your organization do not have high levels of job satisfaction or organizational commitment. How will you go about trying to improve these attitudes? (Points : 5)
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At thehomeworkwritings.com, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.