Assignment #2: Promoting Medication Safety (Create a Pill Reminder Card) (individual activity)
● Background: Maya Steele, a client from the virtual experience, has multiple chronic health issues and has recently returned to her home. During the home visit, the community health/public health nurse observed that Maya is at high risk for making a medication error. Maya had a difficult time telling the nurse what each of her medications was for, and was unsure about the timing of some of the medications. As the nurse, you decide to create a customized “pill reminder card” to help Maya keep track of her medications and to address any potential low health literacy concerns and her concerns about her somewhat decreased vision.
○ Maya’s chronic medical issues include hypertension, hyperlipidemia, Type II Diabetes Mellitus, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), osteoporosis, allergic rhinitis, open-angle glaucoma, mild anxiety.
○ Maya’s Medications:
■ Atenolol 100mg tab; one p.o. daily
■ Hydrochlorothiazide 25mg tab; one and a half tabs p.o. daily
■ Atorvastatin 40mg tab; one p.o. daily
■ Metformin 500mg tab; one p.o. twice daily with food
■ Lansoprazole 30mg capsule; one p.o. daily
■ Clonazepam 1mg tablet; ½-1 tablet p.o. twice daily as needed for anxiety
■ Timolol 0.5% ophthalmic solution; 1 gtt each eye BID
■ Fluticasone nasal spray; one spray in each nostril BID
■ Alendronate 70mg tab; one p.o. once per week; 30 minutes before first food/other meds; remain upright x 30 minutes
○ Students should create a customized, electronic document that will serve as a Pill Reminder Card for Maya.
○ Students should include the name of each medicine, the dose, important information in easy to understand terms (recalling Maya’s low health literacy), use easily understandable graphics/clip art for the time of days such as morning or bedtime, include a picture of the pill/product such as shape/size, and pictures that help Maya remember what the pill is for (such as an eye for the glaucoma medication). Students should use actual medication pictures in the document and select clip art that is appropriate. Neatness and clarity of the Pill Reminder Card are essential.
■ An example of a pill card can be accessed via “How to Create a Pill Card” at https://www.ahrq.gov/patients-consumers/diagnosis-treatment/treatments/pillcard/index.html#Creating
■ It’s recommended that the student conduct an Internet search to find a website that presents actual pill images (such as WebMD’s Pill Identification Tool: http://www.webmd.com/pill-identification/default.htm). The student will need to copy/save the image and potentially resize it so that it fits in the pill reminder card.
○ Students should upload the Pill Reminder Card (electronic version) to the DROPBOX.
■ Note: The drawing tools in MS Word are sufficient to complete this assignment; the purchase of drawing software is not required.
Plagiarism Free Papers
Thehomeworkwritings.com’s team of writers write all papers from scratch. We deliver 100% original, unique papers. That’s what makes us the best custom homework writing service
We provide unlimited free revisions to all customers and on all papers. Try The Homework Writings today for the best custom homework writing service and experience in the industry.
Thehomeworkwritings.com gives clients title pages free of charge. Your only job is to fill out our order form. We will handle the rest.
As the leading essay writing service, we never submit any paper without a reference/bibliography page. We do this free of charge too.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworkwritings.com, we take great pride in delivering only high-quality 100% original papers to all our clients. We also never share any of our clients’ information with third parties. Your data is safe with us.
24/7 Customer Support
No other custom homework writing service has a friendly, always available customer support team to respond to clients like us.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Why outsource our services
We have the best customer support team for your essay writing needs.
You won’t find any other custom homework writing service with pricing as flexible and affordable as ours.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We provide a direct line of communication with our writers for the best writing experience.
As the leading custom homework writing service, we take deadlines very seriously. You will have your paper submitted on time without any delays.
We truly value your feedback, good or bad, and always use your feedback to help us provide you with an even better custom homework writing service