1. Identify an area of inequality in your everyday life. Here are a few areas to get you started: * Health and Healthcare – The Global Pandemic would be a great choice! * Race/Ethnicity * Immigration * Gender/Sexism * Family * Crime & Punishment * Labor Rights * Sexual Minority Rights
2. Find an article in a daily newspaper or magazine that is related to your area of interest. This article can be dated no earlier than 2018. A PDF copy of the article must be turned in with the assignment. (Click here to learn how to turn a newspaper article into a PDF). Make sure your chosen article is based on fact and not opinion. You must use an article from one of the following sources or else you will not get credit for this assignment:
• The New York Times
• The LA Times
• The Wall Street Journal
• The Washington Post
• The Atlantic
• The New Yorker
• The Associated Press
3. Describe the social inequality that you have chosen. What is the magnitude of the inequality? What is its impact? Use statistics as needed.
4. Suggest possible explanations for this inequality. Your explanations must include references to the readings and notes throughout the class and be fairly detailed.
5. Suggest a policy (via government, education, financial, etc.) that might help alleviate the problem. This section will require some outside research on your part. You MUST correctly cite your sources else I will not accept your paper.
6. Include an original TITLE for your paper and Use headings and subheadings to organize your paper.
7. Your paper should between 6-7 pages long (excluding title page, references)
The rough draft should satisfy all the general requirements for the assignment: these are listed below. Your draft must include the headings below and your draft writing/material below each heading.
● Title Page (i.e., “The impact of climate change on poor nations.”)
● Issue Description/Summary of Newspaper article
● Literature Review; Sociological Definitions; Theory/Concepts: Which area of social inequality are you addressing? What does the evidence say? What is your
in-depth argument(s)? How is it based on your review and synthesis of your research?
● Policy/Law Suggestion that addresses your inequality issue and argument how it would work
● References: AT LEAST FOUR ACADEMIC SOURCES from one of the journals listed above is required – They must be PEER REVIEWED JOURNAL ARTICLES: Click here to better understand what a peer reviewed article is:
o A peer reviewed article is assigned for this class and is located on BrightSpace – this is an example of a peer-reviewed article: note, it has a 12 methods/data and results/findings sections which are indicators of peer reviewed articles (Peralta, Tuttle, and Steele (2010)– At the Intersection of Interpersonal Violence, Masculinity, and Alcohol Use: The Experiences of Heterosexual Male Perpetrators of Intimate Partner Violence). I have placed another sample peer reviewed article (on health disparities and stress) located in the ‘Getting Started’ tab in Brightspace.
● Submissions without academic articles FROM THE APPROVED LIST will not be
accepted, AND A ZERO WILL BE ISSUED AS THE EARNED GRADE. ● Formatting, references (ASA or APA format), length requirements: Click here for exact examples on ASA format. If you do not use APA or ASA citation style, you will not get credit for this assignment. DO NOT INCLUDE LINKS IN YOUR REFERENCE, I WANT AUTHOR, YEAR, TITLE OF ARTICLE, NAME OF JOURNAL, PAGE NUMBERS AND VOLUME NUMBER.
● Additionally, you must include a pdf copy of your media selection with your submission. In your feedback, you will either be given approval to move forward, or suggestions for revisions. For more information on Police Brutality check out: https://www.encyclopedia.com/history/dictionaries-thesauruses-pictures-and-press-releases/police-brutality
Attachment: Police Use of Excessive Force in Minority Communities adb68e032ed2ca7ac0cc96eef4af0439 The Legitimation of Extrajudicial Violence in an Did de‐policing cause the increase in homicide rates Police Violence and Citizen Crime Reporting in the Black Community. Character Details Chrom Neighborhood climates of legal cynicism and complaints about abuse of police power
Plagiarism Free Papers
Thehomeworkwritings.com’s team of writers write all papers from scratch. We deliver 100% original, unique papers. That’s what makes us the best custom homework writing service
We provide unlimited free revisions to all customers and on all papers. Try The Homework Writings today for the best custom homework writing service and experience in the industry.
Thehomeworkwritings.com gives clients title pages free of charge. Your only job is to fill out our order form. We will handle the rest.
As the leading essay writing service, we never submit any paper without a reference/bibliography page. We do this free of charge too.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworkwritings.com, we take great pride in delivering only high-quality 100% original papers to all our clients. We also never share any of our clients’ information with third parties. Your data is safe with us.
24/7 Customer Support
No other custom homework writing service has a friendly, always available customer support team to respond to clients like us.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Why outsource our services
We have the best customer support team for your essay writing needs.
You won’t find any other custom homework writing service with pricing as flexible and affordable as ours.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We provide a direct line of communication with our writers for the best writing experience.
As the leading custom homework writing service, we take deadlines very seriously. You will have your paper submitted on time without any delays.
We truly value your feedback, good or bad, and always use your feedback to help us provide you with an even better custom homework writing service