Discussion 2: Disease Analysis Journal
When you are faced with a medical case and do not know how to approach it or have questions, what do you do? Even experienced nurses, dentists, doctors, and pharmacists will go to their smartphones and begin searching for answers. So much information is available. How do you know what information is reliable and valid? The purpose of the journal assignment is for you to practice finding, evaluating, and summarizing resources around key concepts that are presented throughout the module, which are relevant to your specific area of interest. This journal should be valuable to you; you can collect sites, resources, and readings that you find helpful to your learning.
This module will focus on the following topics that examine how our body responds, or rather adapts, to environmental toxins on a cellular level:
-Cellular adaption and neoplasia
-Infection, immunity, and inflammation
You should spend approximately 10 hours on this assignment.
1. From the list of selected readings below, choose two with topics that you know the least about or are most interesting to you.
2. Then search for, read, and incorporate other readings of your choice in your area of interest that focus on cellular adaption and neoplasia; infection, immunity, and inflammation; and/or hematological disorders. You might include:
-1-2 journal articles or websites
-Book chapters (past textbooks may be good options)
-Your goal is to have a total of at least 60 pages of content read.
3. Your summary of each reading should be at least one paragraph (100-200 words) and include the following information:
-All references must be cited using APA Style format.
-Number of pages read
-Keywords you used to find the reading
-Link to the reading
-Why you selected the reading
-Main point of the reading
-Describe how the health deviations you read about alter normal physiology.
-Provide your key takeaway from the reading. This could be something that made you pause, changed your thinking, supported your thinking, or made you question something.
4. Build your journal in a Word document. You will build on this document in each module. (Do not start a new journal document for each module.) By the end of the course, you will have all five journal assignments in one single document.
5. Attach your Word document to a post in the Module 1 Discussion
2: Disease Analysis Journal discussion board.
In your post, respond to the following questions: How do you know that the material you have found and read is reliable? How do you know that it is valid?
It may be helpful to review your classmates’ articles to see which keywords they are using to find their content. We want to build a community of learners who share great resources and readings. If you see an article that interests you, feel free to read it!
Selected Readings (login id: s02376483)
Choose two readings. All readings are available through the CCCOnline Library in CINAHL Plus With Full Text.
1. Badr, M., Hassan, T., Sakr, H., Karam, N., Rahman, D. A., Shahbah, D., Zakaria, M., & Fehr, S. (2016). Chemotherapy induced neutropenia among pediatric cancer patients in Egypt: Risks and consequences. Molecular & Clinical Oncology, 5(3), 300–306.
2. Baron, V.T., Pio, R., Jia, Z. & Mercola, D. (2015). Early growth response 3 regulates genes of inflammation and directly activates IL6 and IL8 expression in prostate cancer. British Journal of Cancer, 12: 755-764. doi: 10.1038/bjc.2014.622
3. Carvalho, M. I., Silva-Carvalho, R., Pires, I., Prada, J., Bianchini, R., Jensen-Jarolim, E., & Queiroga, F. L. (2016). A comparative approach of tumor-associated inflammation in mammary cancer between humans and dogs. Biomed Research International, 1-12. doi:10.1155/2016/4917387
4. Epstein, S.P., Chen, D., Asbel, P.A. (2009) Evaluation of Biomarkers of Inflammation in Response to Benzalkonium Chloride on Corneal and Conjunctival Epithelial Cells. Journal of Ocular Pharmacology and Therapeutics, 25(5): 415-42. doi: 10.1089/jop.2008.0140
5. Ferguson, J.F., Patel, P.N., Shah, R.Y., Mulvey, C.K., Gadi, R., Nijjar, P.S., Usman, H.M., Mehta, N.N., Shah, R., Master, S.R., Propert, K.J. & Reilly, M.P. (2013). Race and gender variation in response to evoked inflammation. Journal of Translational Medicine. 11(1): 63-63.
6. Miceli, T., Lilleby, K., Noonan, K., Kurtin, S., Faiman, B. & Mangan, P.A. (2013). Autologous Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation for Patients With Multiple Myeloma. Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing, 17: 13-24. doi: 10.1188/13.CJON.S2.13-243
7. Mohammad-Shahi, M., Mowl, K., Haidari, M., Zarei, M., & Choghakori, R. (2016). Soy milk consumption, markers of inflammation and oxidative stress in women with rheumatoid arthritis: A randomized cross-over clinical trial. Nutrition & Dietetics, 73: 139-145. doi: 10.1111/1747-0080.12174
8. Rascon, J., Rageliene, L., Stankeviciene, S., Palionis, D., Tamosiunas, E.E., Valeviciene, N., Zvirblis, T. (2014). An assessment of iron overload in children treated for cancer and nonmalignant hematologic disorders. European Journal of Pediatrics, 173:1137–1146. doi 10.1007/s00431-014-2295-5
9. Rescigno, T., Micolucci, L., Tecce, M.F., Capasso, A. (2017). Bioactive Nutrients and Nutrigenomics in Age-Related Diseases. Molecules, 22(1), 105.
11. Toprak, B., Yalcin, H.Z. & Colak, A. (2014). Vitamin B12 and folate deficiency: should we use a different cutoff value for hematologic disorders? International Journal of Laboratory Hematology, 36: 409–414. doi: 10.1111/ijlh.12158
12. Yetgin, S. & Elmas, S.A. (2010). Parvovirus-B19 and hematologic disorders. Turkish Journal of Hematology, 27: 224-33. doi: 10.5152/tjh.2010.43
-http://search.ebscohost.com.ccco.idm.oclc.org/login.aspx?direct=true&db=rzh&AN=104986515&site=ehost-live. For more information on Pathophysiology : Disease Analysis check out : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathophysiology
Plagiarism Free Papers
Thehomeworkwritings.com’s team of writers write all papers from scratch. We deliver 100% original, unique papers. That’s what makes us the best custom homework writing service
We provide unlimited free revisions to all customers and on all papers. Try The Homework Writings today for the best custom homework writing service and experience in the industry.
Thehomeworkwritings.com gives clients title pages free of charge. Your only job is to fill out our order form. We will handle the rest.
As the leading essay writing service, we never submit any paper without a reference/bibliography page. We do this free of charge too.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworkwritings.com, we take great pride in delivering only high-quality 100% original papers to all our clients. We also never share any of our clients’ information with third parties. Your data is safe with us.
24/7 Customer Support
No other custom homework writing service has a friendly, always available customer support team to respond to clients like us.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Why outsource our services
We have the best customer support team for your essay writing needs.
You won’t find any other custom homework writing service with pricing as flexible and affordable as ours.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We provide a direct line of communication with our writers for the best writing experience.
As the leading custom homework writing service, we take deadlines very seriously. You will have your paper submitted on time without any delays.
We truly value your feedback, good or bad, and always use your feedback to help us provide you with an even better custom homework writing service