3. Lymphatic & Immune
Your task is to use the respiratory system and choose one other human organ system from the list above on which you would like to do research and write about their anatomy and physiology and any disorders associated with those systems. You will also be comparing these systems with the same systems in another animal species. The species choices are below. Please send me your species of choice during the first week of class.
Species available (I have given the common names as it is your job to research the species classification):
1. American alligator
2. Great white shark
3. Emperor penguin
4. Bottlenose dolphin
5. Gray wolf
Paper Sections (each section – except cover page – should be at least 1 well-formed paragraph and should have a section heading):
1. Cover Page – APA format. Be sure to include a running head, an informative title, your name, campus location, date, instructor name, and class section and period.
2. Introduction – Introduce the human body systems and the species you are comparing. Which body systems are you discussing? What is their main role or roles in the body? What species are you comparing humans to? Explain the entire classification of the organism beginning with domain and ending with species. Where can this species be found? How is the species used by humans (i.e. – pets, food, not used, etc.)? End with a thesis statement building up to the following sections on the body systems. This thesis statement should be something that you can argue/support with the body of the paper. This can involve something your chosen body systems have in common (a common function they share or ways that they work together to keep us alive), and/or ways they are different in humans and your chosen species. Basically the thesis is a statement of what you are trying to show or convince the reader of with your paper. Include citations.
3. Choose the respiratory system and any one of the other ten body systems listed above to research and write about in your paper. You will have the following subheadings for each body system you are writing about.
1. Anatomy – Describe the organs that make up the system in humans.
2. Physiology – Explain how the system works in humans. You must include some form of calculation or interpretation of numerical values in your description of physiology. For the respiratory system, you need to discuss the different respiratory volumes and capacities. Give at least one example of a lung capacity calculation, explain how it is calculated, and demonstrate how to calculate it by providing an example. For your other body system, explain a component of the system that requires numerical values and/or calculations.
3. Comparison – Compare and contrast how the system works in humans to the way it works in your chosen species.
4. Disorders – Describe any disorders associated with the system, and how or if those disorders affect the behavior and/or lifespan of humans and/or your chosen species.
4. Integration – How do your chosen body systems interact with each other? How are they dependent on each other for proper functioning of the body?
5. Conclusion – Treat this as a “back of the book cover” summary of your research paper. Challenge yourself to summarize the most important concepts in your paper in about 250 words.
6. Literature Cited – Sources should always be listed alphabetically by author’s last name. Acceptable scholarly sources include: hardcopy books, eBooks (including your eText), scientific articles, scientific magazines (National Geographic, Scientific American, Popular Science, Discover Magazine, etc.).
7. Use the library’s online database to help you search for proper material. The Academic Search Complete is a large database full of research articles. There is also an eBook database for electronic textbooks
8. Unacceptable sources – Wikipedia, Ask.com, other non-science websites, really websites in general. I will deduct points for not using proper sources.
9. You must use in-text citations. It is not enough to list your literature cited at the end of the paper, you must also make notations in the body of your paper to show where each of your facts came from. Failure to properly cite within the body is a form of plagiarism. For more information on Organ Systems Research Paper check out : https://www.encyclopedia.com/science/encyclopedias-almanacs-transcripts-and-maps/organs-and-organ-systems-1
Plagiarism Free Papers
Thehomeworkwritings.com’s team of writers write all papers from scratch. We deliver 100% original, unique papers. That’s what makes us the best custom homework writing service
We provide unlimited free revisions to all customers and on all papers. Try The Homework Writings today for the best custom homework writing service and experience in the industry.
Thehomeworkwritings.com gives clients title pages free of charge. Your only job is to fill out our order form. We will handle the rest.
As the leading essay writing service, we never submit any paper without a reference/bibliography page. We do this free of charge too.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworkwritings.com, we take great pride in delivering only high-quality 100% original papers to all our clients. We also never share any of our clients’ information with third parties. Your data is safe with us.
24/7 Customer Support
No other custom homework writing service has a friendly, always available customer support team to respond to clients like us.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We have the best customer support team for your essay writing needs.
You won’t find any other custom homework writing service with pricing as flexible and affordable as ours.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We provide a direct line of communication with our writers for the best writing experience.
As the leading custom homework writing service, we take deadlines very seriously. You will have your paper submitted on time without any delays.
We truly value your feedback, good or bad, and always use your feedback to help us provide you with an even better custom homework writing service