Complete this week’s Learning Activity to prepare you for the Assignment.
For this Assignment, you will write a 3-5 page expository paper, not including the title and reference pages, discussing the human brain’s major functional components as well as communication within the nervous system, and relate those processes to behavior in a real-life scenario.
Use the following real-life scenario to relate brain processes and functioning in the nervous system to behavior:
Andrew, a 25–year-old graduate student, is lying quietly outside on his porch sunning himself, and he has fallen into a light sleep. A large black bumblebee bumps into his lower left leg, waking him.
Include the following in your paper:
● Explain the major components of the nervous system and communication in the nervous system to the flow of information specific to the case scenario by describing the following brain functions:
○ waking him (the Reticular Activating System)
○ processing the information about the bee (the thalamus),
○ generating a “fight or flight” response (the hypothalamus and amygdala),
○ allowing him to simultaneously shoo the bee away while moving his leg out of apparent danger (the cerebellum)
○ sending a message to his somatosensory cortex and frontal lobes for conscious processing
● Describe the three major functional components of the brain including the hindbrain, midbrain, and forebrain.
● Describe how communication occurs in the nervous system utilizing chemical and electrical signals.
● Describe the structure and function of neurons in detail. Be sure to include the following: Axon, Axon Terminal, Dendrite, Soma (cell body), Myelin Sheath, and Synapse.
The Assignment should:
● Utilize a minimum of three peer-reviewed sources outside of your textbook to support your paper.
● Follow Assignment directions (review grading rubric for best results).
● Use correct APA formatting per the current APA Publication Manual.
● Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard English.
● Be written in Standard English and be clear, specific, and error-free.
Your paper should include:
● Title Page
● Main Body of the paper
● Reference Page. For more information on Neuropsychology Analysis check out: https://www.britannica.com/science/neuropsychology
Plagiarism Free Papers
Thehomeworkwritings.com’s team of writers write all papers from scratch. We deliver 100% original, unique papers. That’s what makes us the best custom homework writing service
We provide unlimited free revisions to all customers and on all papers. Try The Homework Writings today for the best custom homework writing service and experience in the industry.
Thehomeworkwritings.com gives clients title pages free of charge. Your only job is to fill out our order form. We will handle the rest.
As the leading essay writing service, we never submit any paper without a reference/bibliography page. We do this free of charge too.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworkwritings.com, we take great pride in delivering only high-quality 100% original papers to all our clients. We also never share any of our clients’ information with third parties. Your data is safe with us.
24/7 Customer Support
No other custom homework writing service has a friendly, always available customer support team to respond to clients like us.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Why outsource our services
We have the best customer support team for your essay writing needs.
You won’t find any other custom homework writing service with pricing as flexible and affordable as ours.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We provide a direct line of communication with our writers for the best writing experience.
As the leading custom homework writing service, we take deadlines very seriously. You will have your paper submitted on time without any delays.
We truly value your feedback, good or bad, and always use your feedback to help us provide you with an even better custom homework writing service