(A) Discuss the Following Models for Nurse Staffing:
• Budget-Based Staffing
• Nurse-Patient Ratio
2. List 5 Patient Variables Affecting Staffing Decisions.
3. How are hospital-acquired conditions affected by nurse staffing practices?
4. Complete Case Study #1
5. Complete Case Study #2
Case Study #1:
Select a hospital based department/unit and determine the hours of operation. Assess the master scheduling plan and determine how many RNs are needed to ensure that each shift has 3 RNs present. Assuming that a 36-hour work week (three 12 hour shifts) will equal 1 FTE, convert the required number of registered nurse positions to FTEs. Complete this activity assuming 40-hour work week (five 8 hour shifts) and compare the FTE variance.
How many RNs are needed to ensure that each shift has 3 RNs present?
Case Study #2:
A local acute care hospital is evaluating the medical surgical unit’s staffing and activities productivity. The unit has 35 beds and has accrued 725 patient days in May 2021. Upon further review they determined that 90% of these patients were discharged during the month. In order to effectively staff the unit, please answer the following:
1. What is the volume statistic?
2. What is the capacity statistic?
3. What is the ADC on this unit?
4. What is the percentage of occupancy for May 2021?
5. What is the average length of stay for this unit?
Your submission will be in essay format, with cover letter and reference page that follows APA formatting. You should utilize the following as first level headings to insure all aspects of the assignment are covered. 5 pages, or number of references. However all aspects must be answered.
Models for Nurse Staffing
Patient Variables Affecting Staffing Decisions
Case Study # 1
Case Study # 2
Rubric: Nursing staffing Model Activity
Discuss the Following Models for Nurse Staffing:
• Budget-Based Staffing
• Nurse-Patient Ratio 30
List 5 Patient Variables Affecting Staffing Decisions. 15
Describes how hospital-acquired conditions are affected by nurse staffing practices. 15
Provides complete responses to Case Study #1 questions. 15
Provides complete responses to Case Study #2 questions. 15
Provides an essay format submission, with cover letter and reference page that follows APA formatting. 10
Total points 100
(B) In this assignment the student will engage with and interview a nurse leader. Choose a nurse leader who holds a leadership nursing position in their organization who have direct reports (they supervise other employees). Examples of this include Director of Nursing, Director, Unit Manager. Develop an interview guide before conducting the interview. Identify information that you want to know before the interview and plan clarifying questions. You must include at least one question about technology/informatics.
Conduct an interview regarding their professional role in the organization, and a current health care issue that is of interest to you (ethics, conflict management, budget, staffing, culture of safety, “just culture”, career advancement, quality improvement, etc.). Identify the name of the organization and use names of all involved (no anonymity).You will send a Thank you email to the Nurse leader for their time and cc’ me at Richild.firstname.lastname@example.org
Sample questions below. Feel free to vary the content of the questions to fit your interview:
• Please describe the nursing and inter-professional teams that operate in this facility/on this unit.
• Can you provide an example of a nursing practice that has been changed in the last year based on current best evidence?
• What do you consider your biggest challenge?
• What do you love most about your position?
• Why did you choose this position?
• How would you describe your company’s culture?
• How would you describe your role in admission and staffing decisions?
• What is your leadership style?
• To what extent do nursing staff of this unit support patient-centered care of individuals and families whose values differ than their own? What are the barriers supporting this fully? How can it be improved?
• Describe the nursing and inter-professional teams that operate on this unit.
Provide an example of how an unwanted variation that occurred within the last year on the unit changed practice and improved patient outcomes.
• How are national safety guidelines implemented on this unit?
• What are the two main issues with the Electronic Medical Records on this unit? For more information on Models for Nurse Staffing check out: https://www.britannica.com/science/nursing
Attachment: Template Professional Development Plan
Plagiarism Free Papers
Thehomeworkwritings.com’s team of writers write all papers from scratch. We deliver 100% original, unique papers. That’s what makes us the best custom homework writing service
We provide unlimited free revisions to all customers and on all papers. Try The Homework Writings today for the best custom homework writing service and experience in the industry.
Thehomeworkwritings.com gives clients title pages free of charge. Your only job is to fill out our order form. We will handle the rest.
As the leading essay writing service, we never submit any paper without a reference/bibliography page. We do this free of charge too.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworkwritings.com, we take great pride in delivering only high-quality 100% original papers to all our clients. We also never share any of our clients’ information with third parties. Your data is safe with us.
24/7 Customer Support
No other custom homework writing service has a friendly, always available customer support team to respond to clients like us.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Why outsource our services
We have the best customer support team for your essay writing needs.
You won’t find any other custom homework writing service with pricing as flexible and affordable as ours.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We provide a direct line of communication with our writers for the best writing experience.
As the leading custom homework writing service, we take deadlines very seriously. You will have your paper submitted on time without any delays.
We truly value your feedback, good or bad, and always use your feedback to help us provide you with an even better custom homework writing service