Course Project Instructions
Management information system
Throughout the course, beginning in Week 4, you will complete a series of milestones for your course project. At the end of Week 13, these milestones will be compiled into a final course project showcasing your learning.
The milestones will continue throughout the course and will be introduced as we progress. These milestones are not to be submitted during the week they are introduced, but rather compiled and submitted as a final course project at the end of Week 13. You will have the opportunity to submit a draft during
Week 7 as a progress check.
Course Project Scenario:
You are a top executive in your corporation. After careful consideration, you were selected to work on a project to use MIS to change the way your business is run.
You will be responsible for researching the practices in your industry, identify the strengths and weaknesses of the industry, and make an innovative plan to use MIS to improve on current practices.
The purpose of your research is to a) provide you with an opportunity to learn more about a specific industry and the current processes used and b) identify opportunities to use MIS to change how business is run and improve on current business practices.
Your report to management must include the following topics:
1. Milestone 1: History and Background – Develop a one-page document providing a detailed summary with information about the industry, past and present business model/practices, the industry’s strengths and weaknesses.
2. Milestone 2: Target Customer – Develop a one-page document addressing the following:
a) Identify the target customer in terms of age, gender, income, location, needs…etc.
b) Have your customers’ needs changed over the years?
c) Are all their needs fulfilled?
d) Is there a gap between customers’ needs and market offerings?
3. Milestone 3: Competition & Five Forces Model Analysis – Develop a one-page document addressing the following:
a) Who is your competition?
b) What are your plans to ensure that you are steps ahead of your competition and how will you respond to changes in the competitive environment?
c) What are the results of your five forces model analysis?
4. Milestone 4: Survey and Results – Develop and design a survey to help you with your project. Be sure to include a copy of your survey questions, sample size, summary of results, and recommendations.
5. Milestone 5: Proposed Use of MIS – Develop a one-page document explaining how MIS will benefit your industry/corporation. Provide details of the benefits and challenges of using MIS in your industry/corporation.
6. Milestone 6: Implications – Develop a one-page document identifying and describing the implications of the suggested use of MIS on the industry.
7. Milestone 7: Financial Benefits – Develop a one-page document addressing the following:
a) What are the costs and financial benefits of using your proposed plan?
b) Explain the impact on revenue, fixed costs, variable costs, initial investment, training, implementation, customer acquisition, customer retention, and customer satisfaction.
8. Milestone 8: The Future – Develop a one-page document addressing the following:
a) What changes do you foresee in the future of your industry/corporation?
b) How will you respond to changes in technology, processes, competitive environment, customers’ taste/needs, economic environment…etc.? Course Project Deliverables at the end of Week 13:
1. Cover Page
2. Table of Contents
3. Eight (8) page professional document containing a compilation of milestones 1 – 8.
4. References page utilizing APA format. For more information on Management Information System check on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Management_information_system
Plagiarism Free Papers
Thehomeworkwritings.com’s team of writers write all papers from scratch. We deliver 100% original, unique papers. That’s what makes us the best custom homework writing service
We provide unlimited free revisions to all customers and on all papers. Try The Homework Writings today for the best custom homework writing service and experience in the industry.
Thehomeworkwritings.com gives clients title pages free of charge. Your only job is to fill out our order form. We will handle the rest.
As the leading essay writing service, we never submit any paper without a reference/bibliography page. We do this free of charge too.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworkwritings.com, we take great pride in delivering only high-quality 100% original papers to all our clients. We also never share any of our clients’ information with third parties. Your data is safe with us.
24/7 Customer Support
No other custom homework writing service has a friendly, always available customer support team to respond to clients like us.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Why outsource our services
We have the best customer support team for your essay writing needs.
You won’t find any other custom homework writing service with pricing as flexible and affordable as ours.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We provide a direct line of communication with our writers for the best writing experience.
As the leading custom homework writing service, we take deadlines very seriously. You will have your paper submitted on time without any delays.
We truly value your feedback, good or bad, and always use your feedback to help us provide you with an even better custom homework writing service