Unless otherwise stated, no citation is required.
you may choose 3 out of the 4 weeks and pick 1 question to answer of those 3 weeks. Total of 3 questions.
It’s a short-answer question so about 150-180 words per question will do.
1. In my lecture I highlighted a number of areas that contribute to a country’s “Soft Power”. I didn’t rank these areas in terms of importance. If you were to pick one as being the most important contributor to Soft Power, what would it be? What is your reason for choosing the particular area, and provide an example from the readings or lecture to support your choice.
2. Both the Nye and Thussu readings suggest that we are now living in a multi-polar world and that Soft Power contributes to this “rise of the rest”. Do you agree with this thesis. Cite a specific example to support your argument.
1. Have you heard of the “One Belt, One Road” initiative before? While this is an initiative of gigantic proportion, this is rarely covered in the Western media. Why do you think this is the case?
Week 8 (When answering the questions, please be sure to consult the assigned readings first)
Tiessen, Rebecca. 2020. “WE’s International Development Identity Problem.” The McLeod Group.
1. What are some of the “development imaginaries” constructed by the WE Charity? And what role does the media play in normalizing these narratives of “development”?
2. What is “White Saviourism” and why does Jefferess (2021) argue that this complex is embedded in the notion of “Global Citizen”?
Thenmozhi Soundararajan, a technologist, transmedia artist and activist. Thenmozhi is the Excutive Director of Equality Labs, a South Asian power-building organization that uses community research, political base-building, culture-shifting art, and digital security to end the oppression of caste apartheid, Islamophobia, white supremacy, and religious intolerance in both the diaspora and the South Asian subcontinent.
Jasmeen Patheja. Jasmeen an artist and the founder of BlankNoise – a multi city / multi country collective that has been instrumental in building public discourse and shifting conciseness on sexual violence in public spaces.
Instead of assigned readings, please visit either or both the of the podcast:
1. I’ve showcased the work of Themozhi Soundararajan and Jasmeen Patheja in order to highlight alternative imaginaries about “development”. What aspect(s) of either of their work resonate with you and prompted you to think differently about development? Please explain.
2. Are there example(s) of social activism similar to the work of the Equality Lab and Blank Noise that you can share? How does the example illustrate the creative use of media and collective action in reclaiming public spaces and social justice? For more information on Law Case Vignette Coursework check out : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuX_xQRdhGk
Plagiarism Free Papers
Thehomeworkwritings.com’s team of writers write all papers from scratch. We deliver 100% original, unique papers. That’s what makes us the best custom homework writing service
We provide unlimited free revisions to all customers and on all papers. Try The Homework Writings today for the best custom homework writing service and experience in the industry.
Thehomeworkwritings.com gives clients title pages free of charge. Your only job is to fill out our order form. We will handle the rest.
As the leading essay writing service, we never submit any paper without a reference/bibliography page. We do this free of charge too.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworkwritings.com, we take great pride in delivering only high-quality 100% original papers to all our clients. We also never share any of our clients’ information with third parties. Your data is safe with us.
24/7 Customer Support
No other custom homework writing service has a friendly, always available customer support team to respond to clients like us.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Why outsource our services
We have the best customer support team for your essay writing needs.
You won’t find any other custom homework writing service with pricing as flexible and affordable as ours.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We provide a direct line of communication with our writers for the best writing experience.
As the leading custom homework writing service, we take deadlines very seriously. You will have your paper submitted on time without any delays.
We truly value your feedback, good or bad, and always use your feedback to help us provide you with an even better custom homework writing service