For this assignment, you will state the type of study (identify the study design) described in each of the following paragraphs (2.5 points). For each study describe one strength and one limitation (5). The strength and limitation must be specific to the scenario described, not about the study design in general. Your writing (grammar, spelling, and correct use of scientific terminology) will also be graded (2.5 points).
1) A study was conducted to evaluate the relationship between sleep duration and disturbance, and body mass index. Five hundred graduate students from a large university in California completed a survey during the first week of class in the fall 2018 semester. The survey included questions about demographic and socioeconomic characteristics, sleep patterns, weight, height, and physical activity.
2) Epidemiologists wanted to investigate the incidence of hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection among people who inject drugs. In 2018, they identified a group of people who did not have HCV and started to use the syringe exchange in in 2010. The researchers used records maintained by the syringe exchange program to determine how many participants became infected with HCV between 2010 and 2015.
3) To evaluate a new physical activity program, students were allocated to either their conventional physical education (PE) class or the new physical activity program. Their BMI and endurance were measured at baseline and after 3 months. Random allocation was not possible, so the researchers gave the morning PE classes the new physical activity program. The afternoon PE classes completed the conventional PE program.
4) Three hundred people who had a stroke were identified from an emergency department. They were compared with 400 people from the catchment area of the emergency department. Smoking and physical activity in the past 12 months and family history of diabetes were compared between the two groups.
5) To evaluate the relationship between alcohol consumption and anxiety and depression, a group of 500 young adults who did not have a mental disorder were enrolled in a study. Every year from 2010 until 2019, the participants completed a survey which assessed their alcohol consumption and symptoms of anxiety and depression.
Limitation. For more information on Introduction to Epidemiology check out: https://www.britannica.com/science/epidemiology
Plagiarism Free Papers
Thehomeworkwritings.com’s team of writers write all papers from scratch. We deliver 100% original, unique papers. That’s what makes us the best custom homework writing service
We provide unlimited free revisions to all customers and on all papers. Try The Homework Writings today for the best custom homework writing service and experience in the industry.
Thehomeworkwritings.com gives clients title pages free of charge. Your only job is to fill out our order form. We will handle the rest.
As the leading essay writing service, we never submit any paper without a reference/bibliography page. We do this free of charge too.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworkwritings.com, we take great pride in delivering only high-quality 100% original papers to all our clients. We also never share any of our clients’ information with third parties. Your data is safe with us.
24/7 Customer Support
No other custom homework writing service has a friendly, always available customer support team to respond to clients like us.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Why outsource our services
We have the best customer support team for your essay writing needs.
You won’t find any other custom homework writing service with pricing as flexible and affordable as ours.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We provide a direct line of communication with our writers for the best writing experience.
As the leading custom homework writing service, we take deadlines very seriously. You will have your paper submitted on time without any delays.
We truly value your feedback, good or bad, and always use your feedback to help us provide you with an even better custom homework writing service