Constructions of Deviance, 8th Edition, ISBN 13: 978-1-305-09354-6, Patricia A. Adler & Peter Adler, Wadsworth Cengage Learning
Upon successful completion of this activity, students will be able to:
1. Explain the concept of social deviance and provide examples of deviant behavior in social context.
3. Acquire a basic understanding of how to apply theories of deviance to their own personal and professional experiences.
4. Apply appropriate social science theories and methodologies to do an in-depth analysis of an important question, issue or problem (Social Science Learning Outcome 2).
6. Identify ethical problems faced by individuals or communities and propose reasonable solutions (General Education Outcome 5).
After reading the text and lecture and viewing the videos for this module, discuss deviant acts with a few friends and/or family members, and identify someone who will be willing to discuss a deviant act they engaged in, in depth. Remember, deviant acts do not necessarily need to be illegal or criminal acts. Acts such as going up a down escalator, skipping school, smoking in a non-smoking area, or underage drinking are all activities that are fairly common deviant acts. The person you decide to interview will be your study subject for this activity.
Interview your identified study subject (you do not need to reveal the identity of the study subject) in detail about one deviant act in which he/she engaged. Be sure to get the subject’s verbal consent for this activity after you explain:
1. the nature of your project,
2. that the subject’s responses will remain anonymous,
3. that the subject’s participation in the interview is voluntary,
4. that the subject can terminate the interview at any time,
and most importantly,
5. that the nature of the deviant act that the subject chooses to talk about in the interview is not a crime punishable by law (for example, a murder/theft/rape/HIV/AIDS transmission, etcetera) that mandates the interviewer (you) to report the subject to law enforcement agencies.
Take careful notes during this interview. Write a short essay describing the deviant act in a detailed narrative. Discuss whether this act was an individual, cooperative or confliction deviant act. Discuss the various stages, from the conception of the act to its beginning, middle and end. Draw on the reading materials for this module to complete this project.
This project should be 750-1000 words in length and should draw on the readings from this module and the discussions in this module.
This assignment will be graded using the Written Assignment Grading Rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning your work so that you ensure your submission meets the criteria in place for this assignment. This assignment is worth 10% of your final course grade. For more information on Interview Activity check out: https://www.britannica.com/topic/interview
Plagiarism Free Papers
Thehomeworkwritings.com’s team of writers write all papers from scratch. We deliver 100% original, unique papers. That’s what makes us the best custom homework writing service
We provide unlimited free revisions to all customers and on all papers. Try The Homework Writings today for the best custom homework writing service and experience in the industry.
Thehomeworkwritings.com gives clients title pages free of charge. Your only job is to fill out our order form. We will handle the rest.
As the leading essay writing service, we never submit any paper without a reference/bibliography page. We do this free of charge too.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworkwritings.com, we take great pride in delivering only high-quality 100% original papers to all our clients. We also never share any of our clients’ information with third parties. Your data is safe with us.
24/7 Customer Support
No other custom homework writing service has a friendly, always available customer support team to respond to clients like us.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Why outsource our services
We have the best customer support team for your essay writing needs.
You won’t find any other custom homework writing service with pricing as flexible and affordable as ours.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We provide a direct line of communication with our writers for the best writing experience.
As the leading custom homework writing service, we take deadlines very seriously. You will have your paper submitted on time without any delays.
We truly value your feedback, good or bad, and always use your feedback to help us provide you with an even better custom homework writing service