This activity illustrates the role of the family in intercultural communication, especially the connection between family life and religion.
You will need to interview members of specific families across cultures to understand the strong pull of culture on both perception and communication. When choosing whom to interview, select at least three people of any three different religious groups and/or cultures listed below*:
Christian Shintoist Hindu Southern Baptist Jehovah’s Witness Unitarian Mormon Muslim Native American Orthodox Jew Roman Catholic Wiccan Spiritual Other Post the religion and age of the person you interviewed and the questions asked and their individual responses. Below is a list of possible questions to ask.
*This list is not exhaustive. It might be easiest to consider groups and cultures that have a significant presence in your own community.
Over the course of the interviews, ask at least 5 or 6 of the following questions:
• Does your family attend religious services together?
• Does your family pray together?
• What role does religion play in your family?
• Specifically, how has religion helped shape your family and the relationship among its members?
• Does your family talk openly about religion often? Have there been conflicts in your family that centred on religion?
• Have your own religious values/practices changed at all since you were a child?
• Does your family eat dinner together?
• Who usually prepares the family’s meal?
• Who usually cleans up after the family’s meal?
• Do all members of your family talk the same amount at the dinner table?
• Who is responsible for discipline in the family?
• Does your family share leisure time together?
• What leisure time activities are part of your family?
• Is there a great deal of “play” and humour in your family?
• Is there a great deal of touching in your family?
• How are boys and girls treated in your family?
• How are chores divided among your family? See Chapter PowerPoint for help below. For more information on Intercultural Communication check on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-cultural_communication
Plagiarism Free Papers
Thehomeworkwritings.com’s team of writers write all papers from scratch. We deliver 100% original, unique papers. That’s what makes us the best custom homework writing service
We provide unlimited free revisions to all customers and on all papers. Try The Homework Writings today for the best custom homework writing service and experience in the industry.
Thehomeworkwritings.com gives clients title pages free of charge. Your only job is to fill out our order form. We will handle the rest.
As the leading essay writing service, we never submit any paper without a reference/bibliography page. We do this free of charge too.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworkwritings.com, we take great pride in delivering only high-quality 100% original papers to all our clients. We also never share any of our clients’ information with third parties. Your data is safe with us.
24/7 Customer Support
No other custom homework writing service has a friendly, always available customer support team to respond to clients like us.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We have the best customer support team for your essay writing needs.
You won’t find any other custom homework writing service with pricing as flexible and affordable as ours.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We provide a direct line of communication with our writers for the best writing experience.
As the leading custom homework writing service, we take deadlines very seriously. You will have your paper submitted on time without any delays.
We truly value your feedback, good or bad, and always use your feedback to help us provide you with an even better custom homework writing service