This assignment requires you to research and critically evaluate a topic in the field of Human-Computer Interaction.
Interactive designers aim to create interfaces that are faster to learn, more efficient to use and provide more satisfactory user experiences. New technology offers continuous advancement in these areas. Arguably this progression is most effectively achieved when it is directed by a clear understanding of goals, users, and the research methods that come to us through the study of Human-Computer Interaction.
Produce a short essay and a presentation for the class to describe, question, debate and evaluate an area of new technology in Human-Computer Interaction – design and methods. Reflect on the varied ways that humans interact with computers in an area of your choice. Consider the progression and potential of interfaces that are designed for users in this area.
Some topics of interest are listed below.
• ambient interaction
• multitouch interfaces
• natural language and vision-based interface
• Augmented Cognition
• multi-modal interfaces
• Non-Verbal Interfaces
• task analysis
• User Profiling and Individual Differences between Users
• user state detection (emotional, cognitive, motivational)
• Affective User-centered analysis, design and evaluation
• Affective Interfaces/ Systems/ Application/ Interaction
• Object/Target Detection/Tracking/ Recognition/Classification
• Threat/Event recognition
• Wearable computing
• Combining visible & non-visible signals
• Multimodal Facial Recognition
• Information Retrieval/ Extraction/filtering
• Text mining and summarization
• User Modeling & Personalization
• Cognitive models for web design
• Information fusion from disparate sensors
• HCI in Mobile, Ubiquitous and Pervasive Computing Contexts
• Digital Human Modeling
• Ecological Interfaces
Page 3 of 4
• Real-Time motion synthesis
• Motion Capture Techniques
• Facial animation
• visualization methods and techniques
1. Decide on an essay topic
2. Find recent journal articles or conference papers on the topic
3. You may discuss these with your tutor and the class (as necessary).
4. Look at related references
5. Write an essay title choose wisely – look at conference and journal articles to get ideas
6. Discuss the current research in the topic area.
7. Define and describe all concepts used. (ie don’t say something without evidence such as a citation to validate the claim)
8. Compare and contrast different research in the topic area where appropriate.
9. Identify the possible impacts of the current research findings.
10. Use APA citation and referencing.
11. Present your findings to the class using powerpoint slides ( 7-10 slides)
12. The essay should be between 1300-1500 words in length (no compromises).
Use academic resources. These can be found through academic bibliographic databases such as ProQuest, ACM, your textbooks, and other reviewed academic sources. DO NOT USE INTERNET DOCUMENTS THAT ARE NOT REVIEWED
What you must submit?
1. Essay must be submitted in the Turnitin submission link for Assignment 1
2. Powerpoint slides must be submitted in a presentation link for Assignment 1.
Note: Please consider the marking criteria in the next page to get a feel of what the marker would expect in your submission. This includes document formatting guidelines, cross-referencing using APA format and presentation. For more information on Human-Computer Interaction check on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human%E2%80%93computer_interaction
Plagiarism Free Papers
Thehomeworkwritings.com’s team of writers write all papers from scratch. We deliver 100% original, unique papers. That’s what makes us the best custom homework writing service
We provide unlimited free revisions to all customers and on all papers. Try The Homework Writings today for the best custom homework writing service and experience in the industry.
Thehomeworkwritings.com gives clients title pages free of charge. Your only job is to fill out our order form. We will handle the rest.
As the leading essay writing service, we never submit any paper without a reference/bibliography page. We do this free of charge too.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworkwritings.com, we take great pride in delivering only high-quality 100% original papers to all our clients. We also never share any of our clients’ information with third parties. Your data is safe with us.
24/7 Customer Support
No other custom homework writing service has a friendly, always available customer support team to respond to clients like us.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We have the best customer support team for your essay writing needs.
You won’t find any other custom homework writing service with pricing as flexible and affordable as ours.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We provide a direct line of communication with our writers for the best writing experience.
As the leading custom homework writing service, we take deadlines very seriously. You will have your paper submitted on time without any delays.
We truly value your feedback, good or bad, and always use your feedback to help us provide you with an even better custom homework writing service