Homework 4 (Chapter 7 and Chapter 8)  1. For a binary classification, describe the possible…

Homework 4 (Chapter 7 and Chapter 8) 

1. For a binary classification, describe the possible values of entropy. On what conditions does entropy reach its minimum and maximum values?

Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Homework 4 (Chapter 7 and Chapter 8)  1. For a binary classification, describe the possible…
From as low as $9/Page
Order Essay

2. In a decision tree, how does the algorithm pick the attributes for splitting?

3. John went to see the doctor about a severe headache. The doctor selected John at random to have a blood test for swine flu, which is suspected to affect 1 in 5,000 people in this country. The test is 99% accurate, in the sense that the probability of a false positive is 1%. The probability of a false negative is zero. John’s test came back positive. What is the probability that John has swine flu?

4. Which classifier is considered computationally efficient for high-dimensional problems? Why?

5. A data science team is working on a classification problem in which the dataset contains many correlated variables, and most of them are categorical variables. Which classifier should the team consider using? Why?

6. A data science team is working on a classification problem in which the dataset contains many correlated variables, and most of them are continuous. The team wants the model to output the probabilities in addition to the class labels. Which classifier should the team consider using? Why?

7. Why use autocorrelation instead of autocovariance when examining stationary time series?

8. Provide an example that if the cov(X, Y) = 0, the two random variables, X and Y, are not necessarily independent.

The Homework Writings
Order NOW For A 10% Discount!
Pages (550 words)
Approximate price: -

Our Advantages

Plagiarism Free Papers

All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.

Free Revisions

All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.

Title-page

A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.

Bibliography

Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.

Originality & Security

At thehomeworkwritings.com, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.

24/7 Customer Support

Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.

Try it now!

Calculate the price of your order

We'll send you the first draft for approval by at
Total price:
$0.00

How it works?

Follow these simple steps to get your paper done

Place your order

Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.

Proceed with the payment

Choose the payment system that suits you most.

Receive the final file

Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.

Our Services

We work around the clock to see best customer experience.

Pricing

Flexible Pricing

Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.

Communication

Admission help & Client-Writer Contact

When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.

Deadlines

Paper Submission

We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.

Reviews

Customer Feedback

Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.