_____1. The main character who tells most of the story is..
a) Peachey b) Dan c) Ike d) Eunice
______ 2. Peachey tries to find the names of tribes in the..
a) History books b) Encyclopaedia c) Atlas d) Almanac
______ 3. Peachey and Dan are familiar with the road as far as..
a) Oxus b) Raverty c) Jagdallak d) Bashkai
______ 4. The one thing that Carnehan says he and Dravot fear is..
a) Women b) Forests c) Drink d) Water
______ 5. The two things that make life worth living, says Carehan, are..
a) Agreed beforehand b) Stated in the Contrack c) A cause of argument
d) Provided in the ritual
_______ 6. The women that Dan intends to marry..
a) Loves him b) Has three Children c) Eats heavily d) Bites him
_______ 7. The diamond-shaped scars on Peachey”s hands are from..
a) Being crucified b) Hard farm-work c) Battle d) Being careless while cooking
________ 8. When Peachey returns to tell the narrator his story, the narrator sends him to,
a) the hospital b) the nursing home c) his aunts house d) the Asylum
_______ 9. The thing that Peachey carries with him until he dies is
a) a gold piece b) Dan’s Head c) a magic charm d) a rose
_______ 10. The name of the place where Dan dies is
a) Kafiristan b) Marwar c)Nasirabad d) England
B. Probing for Theme
Below are three statements about the theme of the story. Which one best fits “The Man Who Would Be King”? PLEASE BOLD your answer
1. It pays to be yourself because lying is always found out in the end.
2. Pride and arrogance often cause the downfall of a man.
3. Make-believe can be the means of achieving your goals.
C. Short answer
Answer the following in complete sentences; make sure you answer each part of the questions.
1. What kinds of things have Peachy and Dan done in their past to make you mistrust them at the beginning of the story? Why does the narrator have them turned back from the Degumber border?
2. What are the intentions of Peachy and Dan is traveling to Kafiristan? What does this tell you about their characters? Are their plans worthy of respect or not?
3. What kind of person of the narrator of the story? Why does he warn Peachy and Dan about the danger of their plans? What does the narrator’s emotion at the end of the story tell you about him as a man?
4. What is the main event which causes Dan’s and Peachey’s downfall at the Kingdom? Why does Billy Fish warn Dan not to carry through with his plan of marriage?
5. Is Peachy’s and Dan’s fate deserved or not? Do the natives have a just cause for what they do to them? Why or why not?
Here are more words which you may have not been unfamiliar to you when you first read the story. First, you will see the original use of the word. After you have read the phrases, select the correct meaning from the four possible choices.
______ 1. inquiries ~” … but that’d mean inquiries for you and for me…
a) questions b) trouble c) practice d) rewards
______ 2. barouches “…or drive them out of their mind with four-in-hand barouches.”
a) whips b) swords c) carriages d) ceremonies
______ 3. foregathered “… could not do any good if the foregathered and personated correspondents…”
a) harvested b) met c) anticipated d) assumed
_______ 4. compositors “… and the all but naked compositors wiped the sweat from their foreheads…”
a) composers b) workers c) writers d) typesetters
_______ 5. subdued “… said Carnehan, with subdued pride…”
a) controlled b) saddened c) finished d) tremendous
a. stalked b. perjurers c. feloniously d. gabardine e. tethered
f. pirouetted g. obituary h. dispersed i. contrary k. personated
1. While we took a break from our ride we _________________ our horses to a tree.
2. His _____________ dispositions at schooling would make trouble for him later on.
3. Hungary for his dinner, the lion_______________ the deer quietly.
4. Dad’s old ___________ suit still looked well on him.
5. ____________ will be punished by imprisonment.
6. The two ballerina’s ____________________ on the stage
7. Clothing and other objects were ______________ throughout the rooms and we knew immediately that the house had been broken into.
8. The murderers ____________________ planned how they would kill their next victim.
9. The _____________________ notice in the evening paper came as a shock to us all.
10. The two actors did a fine job when they _________________ clowns.
Imagine that you were along with Peachy and Dan on the adventure. If you had been in charge instead of Dan, what would you have told them? Write 3 paragraphs describing your attitude toward Peachy, Dan and the expedition.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At thehomeworkwritings.com, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.