Heat Transfer Problem Solving Assignment
1. At an average temperature of 100 C, hot air flows through a 2.5 m long tube with an inside diameter of 50mm. The temperature of the tube is 20 C along its entire length. Convective film coefficient is 20.1 W/m2 K. Determine the convective heat transfer from air to the tube.
A. 530 W
B. 431.5 W
C. 631.5 W
D. 831.5 W.
2. The hot combustion gases of a furnace are separated from the ambient air and its surrounding, which are at 25oC, by a brick wall 0.15m thick. The brick has a thermal conductivity of 1.2 W/m-K and a surface emissivity of 0.8. Under steady-state conditions and the outer surface temperature of 100oC is measured. Free convection heat transfer to the air adjoining this surface is characterized by a convection coefficient of 18 W/m2K. What is the brick inner surface temperature in deg C?
3. One side of a 40 cm stock wall (k=1.5 W/m-K) is exposed to the air whose temperature is 18oC (h=15 W/m2 -K) and the other side is exposed to the furnace gases whose temperature is 900oC (h=15 W/m2 -K). Estimate the heat transfer through the wall per m2 area.
4. At P2.50 per kW-hr, how much will it cost to maintain a temperature of 96oF for 24 hours in a box 2 ft square on each side of the outside temperature is 72oF and the overall heat transfer coefficient for the box is 0.1 Btu/hr-ft2F?
5. A tank containing liquid nitrogen at -120oC is suspended in a vacuum shell by three stainless steel rods 0.9cm in diameter and 3 meters long with thermal conductivity of 18.3 W/m-C. If the ambient air outside the vacuum shell is 28oC, calculate the magnitude of the conductive heat flow in watts along the support rods.
D. 0.172. Write your analysis paper using APA format guidelines.
Plagiarism Free Papers
Thehomeworkwritings.com’s team of writers write all papers from scratch. We deliver 100% original, unique papers. That’s what makes us the best custom homework writing service
We provide unlimited free revisions to all customers and on all papers. Try The Homework Writings today for the best custom homework writing service and experience in the industry.
Thehomeworkwritings.com gives clients title pages free of charge. Your only job is to fill out our order form. We will handle the rest.
As the leading essay writing service, we never submit any paper without a reference/bibliography page. We do this free of charge too.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworkwritings.com, we take great pride in delivering only high-quality 100% original papers to all our clients. We also never share any of our clients’ information with third parties. Your data is safe with us.
24/7 Customer Support
No other custom homework writing service has a friendly, always available customer support team to respond to clients like us.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Why outsource our services
We have the best customer support team for your essay writing needs.
You won’t find any other custom homework writing service with pricing as flexible and affordable as ours.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We provide a direct line of communication with our writers for the best writing experience.
As the leading custom homework writing service, we take deadlines very seriously. You will have your paper submitted on time without any delays.
We truly value your feedback, good or bad, and always use your feedback to help us provide you with an even better custom homework writing service