Select an ethnic minority group that is represented in the United States (American Indian/Alaskan Native, Asian American, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino, Native Hawaiian, or Pacific Islander). Using health information available from Healthy People, the CDC, and other relevant government websites, analyze the health status for this group.
In a paper of 1,000-1,250 words, compare and contrast the health status of your selected minority group to the national average. Include the following:
Describe the ethnic minority group selected. Describe the current health status of this group. How do race and ethnicity influence health for this group?
What are the health disparities that exist for this group? What are the nutritional challenges for this group?
Discuss the barriers to health for this group resulting from culture, socioeconomics, education, and sociopolitical factors.
What health promotion activities are often practiced by this group?
Describe at least one approach using the three levels of health promotion prevention (primary, secondary, and tertiary) that is likely to be the most effective in a care plan given the unique needs of the minority group you have selected. Provide an explanation of why it might be the most effective choice.
What cultural beliefs or practices must be considered when creating a care plan? What cultural theory or model would be best to support culturally competent health promotion for this population? Why?
Cite at least three peer-reviewed or scholarly sources to complete this assignment. Sources should be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and public health content.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
1. A detailed description of ethnic minority group is partially presented. Health status for this group is thoroughly discussed. Explanation of how race and ethnicity influence health for this group is clearly presented. A well-developed comparison for how the ethnic minority group compares to the national average is presented.
2. A thorough discussion of the health disparities and nutritional challenges for this group is clearly presented. All relevant findings related to the ethnic minority group have been included. A well-developed comparison for how the ethnic minority group compares to the national average is presented.
3. Barriers to health for this ethnic minority group resulting from culture, socioeconomics, education, and sociopolitical factors are thoroughly discussed. A well-developed comparison for how the ethnic minority group compares to the national average is presented. Compelling and accurate evidence is provided to support statements.
4. Health promotion activities practiced by minority groups are accurately identified and described in detail. A well-developed comparison for how the ethnic minority group compares to the national average is presented. Compelling and accurate evidence is provided to support statements.
5. A care plan, with at least one approach using the three levels of health promotion prevention, is thoroughly described. A well-supported explanation of how this plan meets the unique needs of the ethnic minority group selected, and why it is the most effective choice, is presented. The discussion demonstrates a clear understanding of the three levels of health promotion prevention and their application to a unique group.
6. Cultural beliefs and practices to be considered are thoroughly discussed. A relevant cultural theory or model is proposed. Overall, the content strongly supports a culturally competent health promotion for this population. Strong evidence and rational are provided for support. The discussion demonstrates aptitude for understanding cultural competence and developing culturally competent health promotions.
7. Thesis is comprehensive and contains the essence of the paper. Thesis statement makes the purpose of the paper clear.
8. Clear and convincing argument that presents a persuasive claim in a distinctive and compelling manner. All sources are authoritative.
9. Writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English.
10. All format elements are correct.
11. Sources are completely and correctly documented, as appropriate to assignment and style, and format is free of error.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At thehomeworkwritings.com, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.