A health impact assessment (HIA) is a process for describing and estimating the effects a proposed project or policy may have on the health of a population. For this assignment, imagine you are asked to conduct a HIA for a proposed waste management facility in your community.
1. Provide an overview and description of the stages of an health impact assessment. How is it different from other forms of assessment, such as an environmental impact assessment or a community health assessment?
2. What information would you need about the proposed project?
3. What information would you need about the community to understand the potential health effects?
4. What recommendations would you propose to promote positive health effects? What recommendations would you propose to mitigate adverse health effects?
5. Which decision makers would need this information? Why?
Minimum of five additional references required
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines.
An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a grading rubric. The rubric below will be used to grade the assignment:
1. Thesis and/or main claim are comprehensive. The essence of the paper is contained within the thesis. Thesis statement makes the purpose of the paper clear.
2. Overview must be comprehensive and provides sufficient description of an HIA. A clear analysis regarding how an HIA differs from other assessments is provided.
3. Thoughtfully analyzes and evaluates the information that needs to be researched to determine the effects of the proposed project and the health of the population.
4. Recommendations to mitigate adverse health effects and promote positive health effects that must be well-described and include justification and purpose. Address all of the issues stated in the assignment criteria.
5. Conclusion must be comprehensive and clearly articulated. A strong description and justification for the decision makers who would need the information from the HIA is incorporated.
*The assignment needs introduction with thesis statement, headings for each question and the conclusion. In text citation a must.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At thehomeworkwritings.com, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.