Mrs. Jia Tien is a 78-year-old Chinese woman who has lived with her adult daughter (and family) for the past 18 years, when she moved to the United States. Past medical history and medications includes:
• atrial fibrillation (digoxin; beta blocker; and coumadin)
• type 2 diabetes mellitus (sulfonylurea)
• osteoporosis (bisphosphonate)
• dementia (cholinesterase inhibitor)
• recurrent urinary tract infections (antibiotics prn)
• increased frequency of falls
She has been independent in activities of daily living until recently when increased episodes of wandering outdoors and falling have disrupted her functionality. During this past week, Mrs. Tien fell twice, hitting her head both times. Each time, she was transported via ambulance to the local Emergency Department for a CT scan and evaluation. After the second fall, she was admitted to the hospital for monitoring and evaluation. Mrs. Tien was found to have an aggressive urinary tract infection and worsening symptoms of dementia; the CT scan was negative. She spent three days in the hospital and two weeks in a rehabilitation center for strengthening and gait training.
During a family meeting, an assisted living facility was recommended, as Mrs. Tien spends considerable time alone each day. The patient and daughter are not yet ready for this option, and Mrs. Tien is returning home. You are making the first visit as a home care nurse.
Compose a short paragraph discussing:
• One functional assessment tool that you would find helpful to use in your assessment of Mrs. Tien.
o The tool can be one which is reviewed in Chapter 31 of your Jarvis (2016) textbook or from another source.
• Provide an overview of the tool.
• Discuss why you feel the tool you identified will be helpful for you as you plan Mrs. Tien’s care.
• In addition to your course textbooks, provide a minimum of one evidenced based, peer reviewed nursing journal reference to support the content of your post.
• Follow all guidelines of the discussion rubric for this activity.
• This activity will be graded using the discussion rubric.
This activity is tied to:
• Course Objective 1: Apply nursing concepts and theories to the practice of health assessment.
• Course Objective 2: Incorporate a holistic and culturally competent approach to health assessment.
• Course Objective 4: Analyze collected health assessment information to determine actual and potential risk factors and initiate an appropriate plan of care. For more information on Health Assessment Case Scenario check out : https://www.wikihow.com/Do-a-Health-Assessment
Plagiarism Free Papers
Thehomeworkwritings.com’s team of writers write all papers from scratch. We deliver 100% original, unique papers. That’s what makes us the best custom homework writing service
We provide unlimited free revisions to all customers and on all papers. Try The Homework Writings today for the best custom homework writing service and experience in the industry.
Thehomeworkwritings.com gives clients title pages free of charge. Your only job is to fill out our order form. We will handle the rest.
As the leading essay writing service, we never submit any paper without a reference/bibliography page. We do this free of charge too.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworkwritings.com, we take great pride in delivering only high-quality 100% original papers to all our clients. We also never share any of our clients’ information with third parties. Your data is safe with us.
24/7 Customer Support
No other custom homework writing service has a friendly, always available customer support team to respond to clients like us.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Why outsource our services
We have the best customer support team for your essay writing needs.
You won’t find any other custom homework writing service with pricing as flexible and affordable as ours.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We provide a direct line of communication with our writers for the best writing experience.
As the leading custom homework writing service, we take deadlines very seriously. You will have your paper submitted on time without any delays.
We truly value your feedback, good or bad, and always use your feedback to help us provide you with an even better custom homework writing service