Students will choose a group counseling topic they would like to research and for which they will develop a six-week group framework plan. The instructor must approve your topic in advance (PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHICH TOPIC IS CHOSEN). Sample topics could include:
1. Grief counseling
2. Self-esteem building
3. Conflict resolution
4. Social skills
5. Interpersonal communication
6. School achievement skills
7. Decision making (college/career focus)
8. School transitions
10. Parenting education
Students will specify the population for whom the group is tailored.
Students will research effective small group intervention plans for this topic and population.
Students will then design (in outline form) a 6-week, small group counseling plan based on this research.
The student will present this information to the class on the assigned date (the presentation should be 15 to 20 minutes in duration and include a PowerPoint and handout that incorporates section V. (Group Counseling Plan which is detailed below).
The outline of this group counseling plan will include the following sections:
• Is this topic more appropriate for small or large group? Highlight why individual counseling wasn’t chosen.
• What is your specific population of focus for this group? (e.g., court mandated clients, children who have lost a loved one, adolescents with school difficulties, couples, etc.)
2. Characteristics of Group Leaders
• What group leader characteristics are necessary for successful group facilitation?
• How does the type and formulation of the group impact your group leader selection and facilitation?
3. Culturally Relevant Strategies for Designing and Facilitating Groups
• How do cultural and diversity factors impact development and facilitation of your group?
• What steps have you taken to insure these strategies are in place?
• What does the research suggest as effective interventions for this population?
• What does the research show was ineffective for working with this population?
5. Group Counseling Plan
• Clearly outline at least 6 sessions for the group
• Include the following for each session:
1. Objectives for each session
2. Materials needed for each session
3. Step-by-step instructions for leading the lessons, including process questions the leader should ask with the activities
4. Any additional materials (e.g., worksheets, handouts) the leader will need
5. Describe the methods used to assess the efficacy of the group
• In addition to the group, what (if anything) should the counselor do to ensure that the client’s
needs are met in this topic area?
• What would you recommend to counselors planning to lead this group?
• What ethical considerations and multicultural competencies should be integrated into the group?
APA 7th Edition is required
At least 5 professional references must be used (no websites or self-help books)
You may use https://journals.sagepub.com/home/pcx or https://www.schoolcounselor.org/Publications-Research/Publications/Professional-School-Counseling-Journal?sso=31250142-cd5c-496d-ac4b-ec6c0ac1d020 to find AMERICAN School Counselor professional journal articles or textbooks. All references must be America based.
My class also uses the book by Corey, Gerald: Theory and Practice of Group Counseling, Cengage Learning. For more information on Group Counselling Plan check out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_psychotherapy
Plagiarism Free Papers
Thehomeworkwritings.com’s team of writers write all papers from scratch. We deliver 100% original, unique papers. That’s what makes us the best custom homework writing service
We provide unlimited free revisions to all customers and on all papers. Try The Homework Writings today for the best custom homework writing service and experience in the industry.
Thehomeworkwritings.com gives clients title pages free of charge. Your only job is to fill out our order form. We will handle the rest.
As the leading essay writing service, we never submit any paper without a reference/bibliography page. We do this free of charge too.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworkwritings.com, we take great pride in delivering only high-quality 100% original papers to all our clients. We also never share any of our clients’ information with third parties. Your data is safe with us.
24/7 Customer Support
No other custom homework writing service has a friendly, always available customer support team to respond to clients like us.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Why outsource our services
We have the best customer support team for your essay writing needs.
You won’t find any other custom homework writing service with pricing as flexible and affordable as ours.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We provide a direct line of communication with our writers for the best writing experience.
As the leading custom homework writing service, we take deadlines very seriously. You will have your paper submitted on time without any delays.
We truly value your feedback, good or bad, and always use your feedback to help us provide you with an even better custom homework writing service