Collaboration on these assignments is welcome, but your answers should be written in your own words (and therefore should not be identical to your peers’ or copied directly from the reading material). All questions can be answered in a paragraph or less.
The following questions refer to the book chapter “The Mexican Revolution and Its Legacy” by Edmonds-Poli and Shirk.
1. What disgruntled demographic do the authors credit for “sparking” the Mexican Revolution in 1910 and why were they disgruntled?
2. Who were Francisco Ignacio Madero, Francisco “Pancho” Villa, and Emiliano Zapata and what demographic did each represent in building a revolutionary coalition? How did the interests of Madero and Zapata diverge over time?
3. In what ways did the 1917 Constitution attempt to incorporate the agendas of both the Madero- and Zapata-influenced factions of revolutionary forces (at least in the way it was written even if not in the way it was practiced)?
4. The Partido Revolucionario Nacional (PNR) was created in 1929 to unify revolutionary forces under the control of then President Calles, but the Great Depression then produced a power shift within the party toward the more progressive forces. What
were the new objectives of the PNR articulated in the 6-year plan drafted at the party’s second national convention in 1932? How did the presidential election of 1934 advance this agenda?
5. When the PNR reorganized itself in 1937 into the PRM, what were the four organizational interest sectors it included in the party’s new corporatist structure?
The following questions will require you to do a small amount of independent research— please include a url for any source(s) you use to answer the questions. Do not worry about the quality of the source(s) for this assignment (that is, feel free to use things like Wikipedia
or someone’s personal blog as long as you include a link to the source where you found the information). You are welcome to share sources with classmates.
6. Which is the wealthiest of Mexico’s 32 “states” (of the 31 states and the Federal District) today? Where is it located geographically? Make sure to explain how you/your source measured wealth to make this determination. NOTE: When I say “today” I mean to look for data on wealthy at any time between 2018 and the present.
7. Using the same metric of wealth as you used in Question 6, which is the least wealthy of Mexico’s 32 “states” (of the 31 states and the Federal District) today? Where is it located geographically? NOTE: When I say “today” I mean to look for data on wealthy at any time between 2018 and the present.
8. In which Mexican “state”(of the 31 states and the Federal District) did AMLO receive the largest percentage of the vote in the presidential election in 2018? Where is it located geographically?
9. In which Mexican “state”(of the 31 states and the Federal District) did AMLO receive the smallest percentage of the vote in the presidential election in 2018? Where is it located geographically? For more information on Government and Politics in Latin America check out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z07VDF7RBj0
Plagiarism Free Papers
Thehomeworkwritings.com’s team of writers write all papers from scratch. We deliver 100% original, unique papers. That’s what makes us the best custom homework writing service
We provide unlimited free revisions to all customers and on all papers. Try The Homework Writings today for the best custom homework writing service and experience in the industry.
Thehomeworkwritings.com gives clients title pages free of charge. Your only job is to fill out our order form. We will handle the rest.
As the leading essay writing service, we never submit any paper without a reference/bibliography page. We do this free of charge too.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworkwritings.com, we take great pride in delivering only high-quality 100% original papers to all our clients. We also never share any of our clients’ information with third parties. Your data is safe with us.
24/7 Customer Support
No other custom homework writing service has a friendly, always available customer support team to respond to clients like us.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Why outsource our services
We have the best customer support team for your essay writing needs.
You won’t find any other custom homework writing service with pricing as flexible and affordable as ours.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We provide a direct line of communication with our writers for the best writing experience.
As the leading custom homework writing service, we take deadlines very seriously. You will have your paper submitted on time without any delays.
We truly value your feedback, good or bad, and always use your feedback to help us provide you with an even better custom homework writing service