This week, we learned more about God’s use of covenant agreements, obedience and disobedience, and suffering. As you complete this assignment, consider how God uses all of these things to help develop personal character and strong leaders who make a difference in society.
Upon successful completion of the course material, you will be able to:
• Assess the principles of obedience and disobedience as these behaviors determine blessings and “curses” in relation to God’s law.
• Explain the distinctive role that faithfulness to God plays in developing leaders who impact the well-being of Biblical society.
• Demonstrate critical thinking that applies Biblical texts to present day living.
• Textbook: God with Us: An Introduction to the Old Testament
• Bible: A standard translation, as noted in the syllabus
1. Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
2. Review Chapter 5 in your textbook, God with Us: An Introduction to the Old Testament.
3. Review the following from a standard translation of the Bible as noted in the syllabus:
b. 2 Samuel
c. Genesis 12
d. Proverbs 1–10
4. Write a three to four (3-4) page paper addressing the following:
a. Summarize the characteristics of the covenant that you see in Joshua 5:1–12 and Joshua 24, where the Hebrews said, “We will serve the Lord our God and obey Him.”
i. Discuss your thoughts as to why the book of Joshua begins and ends with these repetitions of the covenant.
b. Select one judge from the book of Judges.
i. Briefly describe the surrounding historical context of Israel’s sin, its oppressor, their cry to God in repentance or cry for mercy, and God’s deliverance through the judge.
ii. Detail how the general behaviors of each party fit into covenant agreement or covenant violation (God, the judge, and Israel).
c. List and describe the major contributions of David’s monarchy to the establishment of the nation of Israel.
i. Discuss God’s promise to David in 2 Samuel 7.
ii. Describe how these promises compare with God’s promises to Abraham in Genesis 12.
iii. Describe how these two “covenants” are still meaningful in our time.
d. Billy Graham is said to have read through the book of Proverbs each month for many years of his life.
i. Discuss the value of this habit.
ii. Describe the “Important Themes” in Proverbs as described in your textbook.
iii. Discuss the basic “black and white” issues described in your textbook and the contrasting results of choosing wisdom and choosing folly.
5. Be sure to cite and reference your textbook where you quote or paraphrase the author’s thoughts. Cite scriptures you use in your paper. All citations should be formatted using correct APA format.
6. Copy the questions into the body of your paper and answer the questions in well-written paragraphs.
7. Your responses should demonstrate understanding (synthesis) of the material. Simple lists or sentence fragments are not acceptable.
8. Whenever possible, apply the principles learned to life in the twenty-first century. For more information on God and Covenants check out : https://www.encyclopedia.com/religion/encyclopedias-almanacs-transcripts-and-maps/covenant-bible
Plagiarism Free Papers
Thehomeworkwritings.com’s team of writers write all papers from scratch. We deliver 100% original, unique papers. That’s what makes us the best custom homework writing service
We provide unlimited free revisions to all customers and on all papers. Try The Homework Writings today for the best custom homework writing service and experience in the industry.
Thehomeworkwritings.com gives clients title pages free of charge. Your only job is to fill out our order form. We will handle the rest.
As the leading essay writing service, we never submit any paper without a reference/bibliography page. We do this free of charge too.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworkwritings.com, we take great pride in delivering only high-quality 100% original papers to all our clients. We also never share any of our clients’ information with third parties. Your data is safe with us.
24/7 Customer Support
No other custom homework writing service has a friendly, always available customer support team to respond to clients like us.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Why outsource our services
We have the best customer support team for your essay writing needs.
You won’t find any other custom homework writing service with pricing as flexible and affordable as ours.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We provide a direct line of communication with our writers for the best writing experience.
As the leading custom homework writing service, we take deadlines very seriously. You will have your paper submitted on time without any delays.
We truly value your feedback, good or bad, and always use your feedback to help us provide you with an even better custom homework writing service