1. Using a minimum of two external research sources (e.g. online news articles – please cite in your answer), identify two different examples of contemporary hip-hop artists/groups that work in Non-Western countries (i.e. excluding North America and Europe). Your examples can be taken from the class workshop, but make sure that your answer is unique and in your own words. For the two examples, A) discuss how each artist’s music can be understood as a hybrid of global and local culture (make sure to reference specific details from your research). Then, B) discuss how each example relates to Osumare’s concept of ‘connective marginalities.’ Make sure that you demonstrate your understanding of ‘connective marginalities’ in your answer and explain how each artist connects with a specific type of social marginalization outlined in the Osumare reading.
PART 2 – PICK FIVE of the following six questions to answer for 15 points each. Allow one well-developed paragraph for each.
2. In your own words, explain what is meant by cultural differentialism and how it differs from the concepts of cultural hybridity and cultural convergence. Then, provide a concrete example of cultural differentialism from either “Afghan Star” or “This is Nollywood.”
3. Briefly explain how Bollywood cinema helps create a “diasporic consciousness,” according to the Takhar et al reading. Make sure that you define ‘diaspora’ in your own words in your answer.
4. Briefly explain why Ryoo calls South Korea a “cultural mediator” of Western pop culture, AND discuss how this relates to the idea that the Korean Wave represents ‘inverted’ or ‘reverse’ cultural imperialism.
5. Briefly explain why Miller refers to the global telenovela industry as one of ‘multidirectional flows,’ and provide at least two concrete examples from either the reading or the telenovela workshop to illustrate this concept.
6. Following from the Mirrlees reading, identify and briefly explain TWO DIFFERENT goals of national media policy in countries outside of the U.S., as well as TWO DIFFERENT specific policy actions that are used to achieve these goals. Make sure to define terms in your own words to demonstrate your understanding.
7. Pick one of the research sites from the “Why We Post” research project. Using the PDF e-book of the “How the World Changed Social Media” book as your research source, identify three key findings about how locals adapt social media to fit the specifics of their culture (make sure to use your own words!) For more information on Globalization Communication and Media check out: https://www.encyclopedia.com/media/encyclopedias-almanacs-transcripts-and-maps/globalization-media-industries
Plagiarism Free Papers
Thehomeworkwritings.com’s team of writers write all papers from scratch. We deliver 100% original, unique papers. That’s what makes us the best custom homework writing service
We provide unlimited free revisions to all customers and on all papers. Try The Homework Writings today for the best custom homework writing service and experience in the industry.
Thehomeworkwritings.com gives clients title pages free of charge. Your only job is to fill out our order form. We will handle the rest.
As the leading essay writing service, we never submit any paper without a reference/bibliography page. We do this free of charge too.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworkwritings.com, we take great pride in delivering only high-quality 100% original papers to all our clients. We also never share any of our clients’ information with third parties. Your data is safe with us.
24/7 Customer Support
No other custom homework writing service has a friendly, always available customer support team to respond to clients like us.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Why outsource our services
We have the best customer support team for your essay writing needs.
You won’t find any other custom homework writing service with pricing as flexible and affordable as ours.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We provide a direct line of communication with our writers for the best writing experience.
As the leading custom homework writing service, we take deadlines very seriously. You will have your paper submitted on time without any delays.
We truly value your feedback, good or bad, and always use your feedback to help us provide you with an even better custom homework writing service