Aims and Summary
This module aims to support the student in their move from Coventry University to the “outside world” of employee or self–employment, Certain key skills are required in order to make the transition successful. By now you will have gained such skills as Time Management, Project Management and Team Building , as part of the process of successfully passing through your stages at University.
Amongst the most important skills that the successful graduate needs are:
· Managing and taking part in Meetings
· Communicating complex and difficult information
· Conflict resolution
· Decision Making
This module will replicate a “tough day at the office” – how will you come through it? This is a hands-on course – you will be expected to utilise the skills gained with immediate effect, and to be able to reflect upon their impact upon your working day. Whether or not you have already taken part in a Five Life Skills module in the past years, this module offers you new insights into yourself and your potential colleagues.
Module Induction and Managing Meetings
• State the basic components of effective meetings
• Explain best practice for managing meetings
• Identify the different problem people and situations that may be encountered in meetings
• Develop a range of approaches to deal with meeting difficulties
Managing Meetings – Simulated Activity/Exercise
Influencing Decision Making
• To examine different decision making models
• To maximise creativity and logic in decision making
• To acquire decision making tips and techniques that accelerate and improve results
•To provide a variety of perspectives for the decision making process
Influencing Decision Making – Simulated Activity/Exercise
Negotiation and Persuasion
• Define negotiation and persuausion
• State the different types of negotiation
• Explain the basic components of negotiation
• State the approach for successful influencing
Negotiation and Persuasion– Simulated Activity/Exercise
• Explain the different views on conflict
• State the indicators to conflict
• Understand the different strategies for dealing with conflict
•Reflect on skills required for resolving conflict
Conflict Resolution – Simulated Activity/Exercise
Communicating Complex Information
• Explain the preparation required to deliver a professional presentation
• Demonstrate effective verbal and non verbal communication
• Apply a range of strategies to control nerves
• Deliver an excellent presentation
Practical Assessment – Presentation
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At thehomeworkwritings.com, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.