Assignment: Managing risk
Assessment task 1
Develop an action plan to implement an emergency preparedness and response procedure for your facility. The action plan should include a full breakdown of all the tasks to be undertaken, the people responsible and the risk mitigation steps taken along the way.
The exercise is based on the assumption that a full evacuation of the facility is needed.
Choose one of the following scenarios as the foundation to scope your action plan:
• Fire or explosion at your facility
• Extreme power failure
• Major hazardous substance spill
Make sure you provide evidence of the following:
• Clear objectives
• Who is responsible and roles to be allocated in the evacuation process
• Hazard identification
• Risk analysis
• Tools and techniques to identify risks
• Risk treatments
• How you would liaise with all key stakeholders
• Training needs analysis
• Dry run and emergency drill program
• Review of the outcomes, strengths and weaknesses
© FMA 2016
Assessment task 2
Create a portfolio of evidence containing evidence of the following:
• SWMS you have completed and authorised.
• Hazard and injury reports you have completed and authorised.
• A facility risk register.
• A corrective action plan you have developed, implemented, maintained and reviewed.
• A SWOT analysis of an existing risk management plan, such as emergency preparedness, working at heights or manual handling for your facility.
Your various techniques must address the following types of risks:
• Health and Safety
• Insurance risks
4 Assignment: Managing risk
© FMA 2016
Assessment task 3
Conduct a risk assessment for three different potential scenarios in your facility, and establish:
• What controls are in place to manage the risk?
• What is the likelihood of the risk occurring?
• What are the consequences if the risk should occur?
• Major storm, flooding, heavy rainfall or hail.
• The failure of the HVAC system.
• A major piece of plant/machinery failure within the facility.
Write a report looking at the potential scenarios listed above and:
• Provide an executive summery outlining your facility’s overall risk exposure to the potential scenarios above.
• Answer the three questions shown above.
• Develop and complete a risk matrix to determine the level of risk for each
• List the relevant stakeholders and how the risk will affect them.
• Develop a preventative action plan based on your risk analysis findings.
• Develop a risk treatment schedule.
• Include a method or strategy to monitor and review the process.
• Provide a conclusion with key findings.
Assignment: Managing risk 5
© FMA 2016
Assessment task 4
Review the risk management plan for your facility, and present your findings as a report. The report is to be aimed at top management to be used as a tool to promote continuous improvement.
Ensure that you include the following:
• Executive summary.
• Explain the risk context.
• Identify and analyse the risk identification process.
• Explain the risk treatment process.
• Explain the monitoring and review process.
• List critical success factors.
• List the required legislation, Codes of Practice and national standards that must be met for your facility.
• Liaise with stakeholders to obtain information and data.
• Provide recommendations in line with continuous improvement.
6 Assignment: Managing risk
© FMA 2016
Assessment task 5
Develop a risk register for your facility.
Research a range of risk registers.
Adopt and develop or design a template that suits your facility.
The risk register should include not only maintenance issues but environmental issues.
Your risk register should include, but not be limited to the following headings/columns:
• Risk category
• Risk name
• Risk number
• Risk matrix rating
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At thehomeworkwritings.com, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.