Write a 500 – 600-word essay (or a maximum of two pages typed and double spaced) on ONE of the following topics. Marks will be deducted for essays that go over two pages. The stories can be found in the attachment’s. Choose one story.
5 Paragraphs, Introductory paragraph. Each supporting paragraph must contain 1-2 supporting quotes from the story. Use present tense. Concluding paragraph must say theme. MLA format.
Stories to choose from:
1) In “A Clean, Well-Lighted Place” by Ernest Hemingway, why does the older waiter want to keep the café open until late at night? Use emphatic order. Use this template (or one very similar to this one) for your thesis statement: The older waiter wants to keep the café open until late at night because _____________, _____________, and ___________________.
2) In “Desiree’s Baby” by Kate Chopin, why does Desiree choose death for herself and her baby instead of returning home to her mother? Give three significant and distinct reasons. Use emphatic order. Use this template (or one very similar to this one) for your thesis statement: Desiree chooses death for herself and her baby because of __________, ___________, and ________________.
3) In “Greasy Lake” by T.C. Boyle, what evidence proves that the narrator has changed? Give three pieces of evidence that prove he has changed. Use chronological (time) order. Use this template (or one very similar to this one) for your thesis statement: The narrator proves he has changed because he _______________, ___________________, and ____________________.
• Include a statement of the story’s theme in the concluding paragraph. .
• Include a Work Cited page.
FOLLOW THIS ESSAY CHECKLIST
Do I have a Thesis Statement with a three-point plan of development at the end of the introductory paragraph that answers the assigned question? Are the three points listed in emphatic order for “Desiree’s Baby,” and “A Clean, Well-Lighted Place” with the most important point listed last OR in chronological order for “Greasy Lake” with the evidence cited in the order it happens in the story?
Does my Thesis Statement answer the assigned question? If not, rewrite it. You will fail this essay if your thesis statement does not answer the assigned question.
Are the three points in my thesis statement significant, distinct, and parallel?
Is my introductory paragraph 4-6 sentences long?
Have I included the author’s name and the name of the short story in my introductory paragraph?
Do the supporting paragraphs each have a clear topic sentence? Does each topic sentence explicitly answer the assigned question with one point?
Have I used an effective transitional word or sentence between my supporting paragraphs? See the eText Writer’s Reference (WR) C5-d.
Does each supporting paragraph provide specific evidence to support each topic sentence? Have I used 1-2 short, carefully selected quotations in each supporting paragraph?
Does my essay focus on ANALYSIS, and not SUMMARY of the story?
Do I have a concluding paragraph of 3-5 sentences? Does this paragraph give a sense of closure to the essay? Does it give a statement of the story’s theme?
Have I followed MLA format in how I have set up the essay? See WR C-6 or see the sample essay posted under Essay Skills?
Have I included a title for my essay that is not just the name of the short story? Have I capitalized all the major words of this title? See WR P8-c.
Have I avoided using first person and second person pronouns: I, we, us, our, and you?
Have I used the present tense for the action of the story?
Is my essay at least 500 words long or a maximum of 2 pages typed?
Have I included a separate, correctly formatted Work Cited page?
Have I proofread and proofread and proofread and proofread my essay? For more information on Essay on a Short Story check out : https://www.wikihow.com/Analyze-a-Short-Story
Plagiarism Free Papers
Thehomeworkwritings.com’s team of writers write all papers from scratch. We deliver 100% original, unique papers. That’s what makes us the best custom homework writing service
We provide unlimited free revisions to all customers and on all papers. Try The Homework Writings today for the best custom homework writing service and experience in the industry.
Thehomeworkwritings.com gives clients title pages free of charge. Your only job is to fill out our order form. We will handle the rest.
As the leading essay writing service, we never submit any paper without a reference/bibliography page. We do this free of charge too.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworkwritings.com, we take great pride in delivering only high-quality 100% original papers to all our clients. We also never share any of our clients’ information with third parties. Your data is safe with us.
24/7 Customer Support
No other custom homework writing service has a friendly, always available customer support team to respond to clients like us.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Why outsource our services
We have the best customer support team for your essay writing needs.
You won’t find any other custom homework writing service with pricing as flexible and affordable as ours.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We provide a direct line of communication with our writers for the best writing experience.
As the leading custom homework writing service, we take deadlines very seriously. You will have your paper submitted on time without any delays.
We truly value your feedback, good or bad, and always use your feedback to help us provide you with an even better custom homework writing service