There is only one question. Base your answer on the book, articles and lecture notes. The grade will be based on what information you identify as most relevant and the logic of your argument. The test may not be more than 4 typed pages.
A company has decided to fund a human factors department to support product development and conduct human factor research.
• Select a product for development. Identify 5 design, usability and/or research activities that should be initiated to support this project. Why did you select these 5?
o Note: you are not being asked to redesign the product
• What are the major obstacles a corporate human factors group is likely to encounter?
You may wish to consider but are not limited to the following:
• Issues associated with the identification of user requirements, data gathering methodologies, task analysis, and behavioural objectives.
• Theoretical and practical (rule of thumb) design approaches.
• Information processing.
• Cognition and physical abilities – limitations and bottlenecks.
• Impact of Signal Detection Theory and the work of Kahneman & Tversky on decision-making (e.g. error prediction)
• Usability test plan development, criterion development and administration.
• Issues associated with the design of work stations.
• Information coding (visual & auditory)
• standards, codes and guidelines.
• Display & control layout and design.
• Visual perception.
• Human-Computer interaction design.
• Anthropometry & motor skills (movement modelling)
• Accommodating individual differences.
• Physical (e.g. illumination, climate, noise, motion) and social characteristics of the work environment.
• System control characteristics.
• Warnings and documentation.
• Safety – regulations.
• Alternative methods of motivating individual (and group) performance.
• Specific topics addressed in the book (e.g. accidents, automation, stress) For more information on Ergonomics check on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_factors_and_ergonomics
Plagiarism Free Papers
Thehomeworkwritings.com’s team of writers write all papers from scratch. We deliver 100% original, unique papers. That’s what makes us the best custom homework writing service
We provide unlimited free revisions to all customers and on all papers. Try The Homework Writings today for the best custom homework writing service and experience in the industry.
Thehomeworkwritings.com gives clients title pages free of charge. Your only job is to fill out our order form. We will handle the rest.
As the leading essay writing service, we never submit any paper without a reference/bibliography page. We do this free of charge too.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworkwritings.com, we take great pride in delivering only high-quality 100% original papers to all our clients. We also never share any of our clients’ information with third parties. Your data is safe with us.
24/7 Customer Support
No other custom homework writing service has a friendly, always available customer support team to respond to clients like us.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We have the best customer support team for your essay writing needs.
You won’t find any other custom homework writing service with pricing as flexible and affordable as ours.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We provide a direct line of communication with our writers for the best writing experience.
As the leading custom homework writing service, we take deadlines very seriously. You will have your paper submitted on time without any delays.
We truly value your feedback, good or bad, and always use your feedback to help us provide you with an even better custom homework writing service