Employee Development Plans Project
You work at Large Technology Corporation (LTC), and you are a human relations business partner. Recently, LTC expanded its product offerings and is expecting an increase in workload for the various teams in the organization. With this, the CEO has asked that all managers provide targeted training to their teams to ensure they are prepared for the high capacity. Part of your job is to assist managers in the organization with talent development, and you have been asked to take an active role in this initiative.
You recently received a request from Jay Charnek, one of the division managers of a customer service team. Jay asked for your help creating a talent development plan for his team. After doing a bit of research, you found that Jay’s team has eight customer service representatives. These employees have a diverse demographic makeup, varying levels of professional experience, and differing working styles. After further research, you created a Team Performance (Pls see additional upload) document that includes the specific customer service representative job goals, as well as a summary of the most recent performance evaluations of all employees on the team.
For this project, you will create a talent development plan for Jay Charnek, a division manager of a customer service team. Jay has asked for your assistance in determining the training needs of the team and appropriate training and development opportunities. He’s also asked for advice on how to effectively communicate the opportunities to the team to gain buy-in and encourage autonomy, and strategies for measuring the effectiveness of the plan.
Specifically, you must address the following:
• Needs Assessment: To begin, Jay asked for your assistance in determining the specific training and development needs of his employees. Jay wants to make sure that the talent development plan meets the needs of the employees and that they see the direct application of the various training and development opportunities to their everyday job duties. You recently created the Team Performance document that includes both the customer service representative job goals and a summary of the most recent performance evaluations of all employees on the team. This document will be useful as you complete the needs assessment for the team. As you complete the needs assessment, be sure to address the following:
o Determine the training needs of the employees. For your response, you might consider the following:
• What are the employees’ learning styles?
• What are the employees’ career goals?
• What are the employees’ skill gaps?
o Develop learning objectives to address the identified employee needs and guide the talent development plan.
• Training and Development: Now that you have completed the needs assessment, you can assist Jay with determining appropriate training and development opportunities for the team. Jay not only wants to know the types of opportunities that he might provide to his employees, but also how he should deliver the trainings. As you determine the appropriate opportunities, be sure to address the following:
o Determine the different types of training and development opportunities that will meet the employees’ specific needs. Be sure to justify your determinations. For example, will you recommend a technical training, a professional training, or both?
o Determine the most effective delivery methods for the previously identified training and development opportunities. Be sure to justify how the delivery methods will most effectively execute the opportunities for employees.
o Determine whether internal or external training and development programs would be most effective for the team. Be sure to justify your determination.
• Employee Engagement: Jay knows that it is important to effectively promote the training and development opportunities and gain buy-in from the employees, but he would like your advice on how to do so. He has asked that you coach him on the types of motivation theories and leadership styles he should use to drive employee engagement. As you outline the relevant theories and styles, be sure to address the following:
o Describe a motivation theory that can be used to communicate the talent development plan and encourage employees to take initiative and ownership of their development.
o Describe a leadership style that can be used to promote employee autonomy and encourage employees to take initiative with their own talent development.
• Measuring Effectiveness: For the last piece of the plan, Jay has asked for your assistance in measuring the effectiveness of the training and development opportunities. Jay wants to assess the effectiveness of the opportunities to justify their offerings to higher leadership as well as demonstrate his team’s preparedness for the growing organization and anticipated customer requests.
o Explain how you will measure the effectiveness of the training and development opportunities to assist employees in meeting the learning objectives. For your response, you might consider the following:
• What timeline will you follow to continually assess employee performance?
• What criteria will you use to measure the effectiveness of the training and development opportunities?
• How will you adapt the talent development plan if you do not see improvements in performance?
o Explain how you will collect feedback from employees on the delivery of the training and development opportunities to make improvements for the future.
What to Submit
Every project has a deliverable or deliverables, which are the files that must be submitted before your project can be assessed. For this project, you must submit the following:
Talent Development Plan
Outline training and development opportunities for a specific team. In addition, describe how to encourage employee engagement and measure the effectiveness of the plan. Your talent development plan must be 750 to 1,250 words in length. Cite any and all references appropriately. (CFA)
Plagiarism Free Papers
Thehomeworkwritings.com’s team of writers write all papers from scratch. We deliver 100% original, unique papers. That’s what makes us the best custom homework writing service
We provide unlimited free revisions to all customers and on all papers. Try The Homework Writings today for the best custom homework writing service and experience in the industry.
Thehomeworkwritings.com gives clients title pages free of charge. Your only job is to fill out our order form. We will handle the rest.
As the leading essay writing service, we never submit any paper without a reference/bibliography page. We do this free of charge too.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworkwritings.com, we take great pride in delivering only high-quality 100% original papers to all our clients. We also never share any of our clients’ information with third parties. Your data is safe with us.
24/7 Customer Support
No other custom homework writing service has a friendly, always available customer support team to respond to clients like us.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Why outsource our services
We have the best customer support team for your essay writing needs.
You won’t find any other custom homework writing service with pricing as flexible and affordable as ours.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We provide a direct line of communication with our writers for the best writing experience.
As the leading custom homework writing service, we take deadlines very seriously. You will have your paper submitted on time without any delays.
We truly value your feedback, good or bad, and always use your feedback to help us provide you with an even better custom homework writing service