ECO2013 MACROECONOMICS BLENDED 641100
Before completing this graded discussion. You should have a full understanding of the concepts below, if you don’t please use the textbook and review them first.
- Money, Fiat Money, Central Bank, Money Supply, Functions of Money, Fractional Banking System
Instructions and Steps:
1. View the following 2 TED Talks (video presentations). As you watch the videos, take notes of any relevant information.
- How the blockchain is changing money and business | Don Tapscott
- Bitcoin. Sweat. Tide. Meet the future of branded currency | Paul Kemp-Robertson
2. Decide which of the 2 TED Talks best responds to this question;
- Should we trust cryptocurrencies currencies, like bitcoin they way we trust government-issued money?
3. Produce in at least 300 words a post in which you explain your position. Your post must contain at least the following elements:
- It must state the title and the author of the chosen TED Talk.
- It must state the reason why believe that TED Talk best answers the question.
- It must explicitly explain the relationship, connection, or link between the ideas provided in the TED Talk and the concept of Fiat Money.
Your grade will be based on how clear, precise, accurate, relevant and logical your post is and if it was turned in on time. Things such as the name of the video, the name of the presenter, your name, the questions, citation, and date do not count towards the word count.