TH 450 – Final Research Paper and visual presentation: based on the Pastoral Circle Objectives:
1. Apply the Pastoral Circle (Experience, Analysis, Theological reflection, and Action) to one justice issue
2. Motivate oneself to act in this one area or at least on an injustice that is close to home
3. Improve one’s writing skills and use of academic sources in a complex document
Please be sure to see the tips at the end to cite sources properly and avoid plagiarism. The consequence of plagiarism, that is, copying from a source with proper citation, is the loss of all credit for this paper.
100 points, due in two parts. The visual presentation, part of the forum discussion in Week 8, 20 points. It is not more or separate, but a brief capsule of your research to share.
1. Choose a topic from the list provided—one student per topic. If you have a passion for a topic that is not listed, please get it approved by the instructor. The first student to “claim” a topic gets it.
2. You will need 5 sources, and only two (2) may be from news outlets such as the NY Times or Huffington Post. Do NOT use blogs or popular magazines.
3. Become familiar with Academic Search Complete, a collection of academic journals and other sources for any topic. The path on the NDC Library home page:
4. Use MLA or APA format for in-text citations and the Works Cited pages. (See Rule of 5 at the end)
5. Each part (Part 1 and Part 2) must begin with a general introductory paragraph and end with a concluding paragraph.
Part 1, due Sunday of Week 6 (60 points)
A. Experience and data, on the Pastoral circle – at least 3 pages 20 pts content plus 5 pts grammar (25 points total)
• Name of injustice and relevant definitions of key terms
• Your experience with this injustice, if any, and why you are interested in the topic
• History: it is a recent issue like cyber bullying, or is there a long history
• Location: you may LIMIT the scope here, to the US or Ohio or one region
• victims and effects of injustice on them
• Statistics: get recent statistics on victims and perpetrators for the region you are studying
• Describe the profile of persons guilty of the injustices
B. Causes of the injustice (at least 3) – 6 paragraphs at least; 3+ pages 20 pts plus 5 pts grammar (25 points total)
• Be sure to research the causes and do not report on types of injustices instead. For example, financial abuse is a type of elder abuse; poorly paid/ poorly trained nursing home staff is a cause.
• Name 3 or more causes in the first paragraph and then develop them in the order you named them
• One paragraph for each cause.
• One paragraph on how the causes are interrelated.
• One paragraph on the way(s) YOU may be contributing to the causes. If there is no way, then explain which cause comes closest to your life or experiences.
C. Works Cited page for content in A and B – 10 points
Using the Pastoral Circle for Reflection on Issues
Reading the Signs of the Times or Immersion Experience
A. Who are the most vulnerable affected by this issue or concern?
B. What are your experiences of this issue or concern?
C. To what information have you been exposed?
D. Why are you concerned?
E. How are you affected?
F. Who else is affected?
G. What does it say about us as a society and the way we care for the least?
A. What are the socio-economic, cultural, and political factors that contribute to the challenge of this issue or concern?
B. Which are most important in finding a solution or a way of helping those most affected?
C. What are the root causes?
D. What challenges are we facing because of this issue?
A. What does Catholic Social Teaching say to us?
B. What does our sacramental theology telling us about who we are,
care of all people and the earth, and reconciliation?
C. What do we learn from statements of popes and bishops on matters concerning this issue?
D. What do we learn from the gospel and the life of Christ? For more information on Domestic Violence check on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_violence
Plagiarism Free Papers
Thehomeworkwritings.com’s team of writers write all papers from scratch. We deliver 100% original, unique papers. That’s what makes us the best custom homework writing service
We provide unlimited free revisions to all customers and on all papers. Try The Homework Writings today for the best custom homework writing service and experience in the industry.
Thehomeworkwritings.com gives clients title pages free of charge. Your only job is to fill out our order form. We will handle the rest.
As the leading essay writing service, we never submit any paper without a reference/bibliography page. We do this free of charge too.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworkwritings.com, we take great pride in delivering only high-quality 100% original papers to all our clients. We also never share any of our clients’ information with third parties. Your data is safe with us.
24/7 Customer Support
No other custom homework writing service has a friendly, always available customer support team to respond to clients like us.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Why outsource our services
We have the best customer support team for your essay writing needs.
You won’t find any other custom homework writing service with pricing as flexible and affordable as ours.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We provide a direct line of communication with our writers for the best writing experience.
As the leading custom homework writing service, we take deadlines very seriously. You will have your paper submitted on time without any delays.
We truly value your feedback, good or bad, and always use your feedback to help us provide you with an even better custom homework writing service