Choose one of the questions below to discuss in detail Dickinson’s poetry. Be sure to include textual support in your analysis, and do not use outside sources other than Dickinson’s own poems.
1. Dickinson frequently uses dashes in place of more standard punctuation like commas. How does this affect the readers’ understanding of the poems? How would the poems change with different punctuation?
2. Dickinson does not write poems with the intent of moralizing or of teaching ethics as her contemporaries did. Do her poems make you think? What do they make you think about or why don’t they make you think?
3. Choose any poems assigned of Dickinson. Paraphrase the first two stanzas of the poem in your own language while retaining Dickinson’s meaning.
4. In “I Dwell in Possibility,” Dickinson sets up “possibility” as the opposite of “prose.” How does her poetry represent this idea of possibility? Using Dickinson’s metaphor of the house, what does she suggest when she says that poetry is “more numerous of windows, superior – for doors”?
5. In “I Heard a Fly Buzz”, Dickinson imagines the moment of her own death. What role does the fly play in this imagining? She writes “There interposed a Fly –/ With Blue – uncertain stumbling Buzz –/ Between the light – and me.” What is her relationship to the fly?
6. Discuss Dickinson’s use of slant rhyme and her purpose in using it in one of the assigned poems
https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/52197/i-dwell-in-possibility-466. For more information on Dickinson Poetry check out : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74T8pNDBw8c&feature=youtu.be
Plagiarism Free Papers
Thehomeworkwritings.com’s team of writers write all papers from scratch. We deliver 100% original, unique papers. That’s what makes us the best custom homework writing service
We provide unlimited free revisions to all customers and on all papers. Try The Homework Writings today for the best custom homework writing service and experience in the industry.
Thehomeworkwritings.com gives clients title pages free of charge. Your only job is to fill out our order form. We will handle the rest.
As the leading essay writing service, we never submit any paper without a reference/bibliography page. We do this free of charge too.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworkwritings.com, we take great pride in delivering only high-quality 100% original papers to all our clients. We also never share any of our clients’ information with third parties. Your data is safe with us.
24/7 Customer Support
No other custom homework writing service has a friendly, always available customer support team to respond to clients like us.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We have the best customer support team for your essay writing needs.
You won’t find any other custom homework writing service with pricing as flexible and affordable as ours.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We provide a direct line of communication with our writers for the best writing experience.
As the leading custom homework writing service, we take deadlines very seriously. You will have your paper submitted on time without any delays.
We truly value your feedback, good or bad, and always use your feedback to help us provide you with an even better custom homework writing service