Assess cross-cultural communication as an essential element of professionalism in criminal justice fields.
• Choose one scenario or case study that demonstrates the effect race, gender, culture, or sexual orientation has on interactions with police officers.
You can find scenarios in your readings or online.
Examples include: Rodney King, Brandon Teena, Trayvon Martin, Michael Brown, Elian Gonzalez.
Once you have identified your case, you will summarize it and identify themes from the course material (i.e., gender discrimination, stereotyping, communication styles, hate crimes, community based policing, etc.).
• After identifying themes from the course material, think about the way the individuals within your case study were impacted by the conduct of others.
What ethical issues can you identify within your case study? How can those challenges within the criminal justice system be overcome?
• The goal of this presentation is to demonstrate your understanding of how a person’s race, culture, gender, or sexual orientation can play a role in a situation.
• Check the slide length requirement excluding your introduction and reference slides.
• The PowerPoint® should contain a title page and a list of references in APA format.
• All internal citation of outside sources plus the listing of all references should also adhere to APA format.
• Use one basic slide design and layout.
• Limit slides to between 5 and 7 lines of content.
• Use bullets for your main points.
• Use speaker notes to fully explain what is being discussed in the bullet points as though you are presenting to an audience.