Paper Requirements: three pages (recommended 800-1000 words, no more than 1200 words).
1. Select a specific ‘conspiracy theory’ identified in three news articles published within the past 30 years.
2. Drawing on relevant scholarship, identify and analyze the dominant frame used by news media when reporting on this conspiracy theory. You are welcome and indeed encouraged to develop your own theory of framing. You may develop your analysis in alignment with or in distinction to the claims of scholars writing on conspiracy theories, paranoid thinking, or counter-hegemonic movements.
3. Construct an argument explaining your theory of how and why the specific conspiracy theory is framed in the three articles you have selected. You may opine on the possible consequences (good or bad) or this framing.
4. Introduce and explain at least three quotes from relevant scholarship. You may draw these quotes from course readings, supplementary readings available on the courses, or outside readings. These may come from a single source or multiple sources.
5. If you wish, you may swap up to two published news articles for television news segments addressing your selected conspiracy theory.
6. You do not need to provide a description of the conspiracy theory beyond what is provided in the three news articles. Only do this if your theoretical analysis relies on outside information about the conspiracy theory.
7. Include a Works Cited section (does not count toward word limit).
For newspaper and magazine articles, I’d suggest starting with ProQuest Major Daily NewspapersLinks to an external site., available through the UC Berkeley LibraryLinks to an external site. (“conspiracy theory” returns over 65,000 results). You may also find sources online, but be careful to distinguish between published sources with online distribution (good) and online-only sources (bad). The key here is to find articles and stories written by professional journalists and commentators as this will help you analyze the “official” framing of a so-called “conspiracy theory.”
For tracking down useful scholarship, I’d suggest starting with the following reading from Week 9: Butter, Michael and Peter Knight – “The History of Conspiracy Theory Research” in CTATPWBT.pdf. You can find several of the sources mentioned in this chapter in the CT Supplementary Readings folder in Files.
Conspiracy Theories and the People Who Believe Them (2019) has been fully digitized and many of the chapters in this edited volume can be useful for developing your theoretical analysis. For more information on Conspiracy Theories check out : https://www.britannica.com/topic/conspiracy-theory
Plagiarism Free Papers
Thehomeworkwritings.com’s team of writers write all papers from scratch. We deliver 100% original, unique papers. That’s what makes us the best custom homework writing service
We provide unlimited free revisions to all customers and on all papers. Try The Homework Writings today for the best custom homework writing service and experience in the industry.
Thehomeworkwritings.com gives clients title pages free of charge. Your only job is to fill out our order form. We will handle the rest.
As the leading essay writing service, we never submit any paper without a reference/bibliography page. We do this free of charge too.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworkwritings.com, we take great pride in delivering only high-quality 100% original papers to all our clients. We also never share any of our clients’ information with third parties. Your data is safe with us.
24/7 Customer Support
No other custom homework writing service has a friendly, always available customer support team to respond to clients like us.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Why outsource our services
We have the best customer support team for your essay writing needs.
You won’t find any other custom homework writing service with pricing as flexible and affordable as ours.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We provide a direct line of communication with our writers for the best writing experience.
As the leading custom homework writing service, we take deadlines very seriously. You will have your paper submitted on time without any delays.
We truly value your feedback, good or bad, and always use your feedback to help us provide you with an even better custom homework writing service