This is a 2000 word (+/- 10%) critical personal reflection across the course of the module on your own leadership and team working skills.
This is written in the first person.
Although a reflection this needs to be supported with relevant theory and literature: e.g. leadership and management theory, change theory, communication, team working, current health and social care policy.
What is Critical analysis? discussing the strengths and weaknesses of the literature you use as you apply it to your own group experience. Critical writing involves constructing an argument/debate about the subject you are discussing.
Focusing on certain areas may help you write e.g. communication, leadership, team working – it’s your choice. You can use a model to reflect but this is not necessary.
Your reflective diary notes will help you here as you review your thoughts over the weeks.
Points to consider:
• What was your personal experience of online team working?
Be honest here as identifying your own strengths and weaknesses will help you to get the best from the module in terms of your own professional and personal self-development
• You might want to think about how your group developed over the weeks of the module and possibly use that as a structure for your narrative, hence the reflective diary. There are various models that discuss this group development…look online.
• You might find another structure that you could use..it is entirely up to you.
• What factors promote or prevent good team working e.g. effective communication and using remote technology such as WhatsApp and MS Teams – what are the positives and negatives of such technology? different team roles – think of Belbin’s Team inventory (1981) and your own identified team role and what you and others offered the team in terms of skills and attributes? What skill mix is needed for an effective team?
• How does the leadership and management style impact on team working? e.g. autocractic, democratic, situational styles? What was your own style and the styles in your team..did these change over time? Did leadership change from person to person over time?
• What is your response to change? Consider you own leadership and management skills…what are your strengths and what skills do you also need to develop? – you can refer to your attached CLCF action plan here if you wish
• What were the team dynamics over the course of the module? Was it a cohesive and positive group? Was there any conflict in the group..why? Was it creative or destructive conflict? How was this resolved if at all?
• Did the way the team worked, the professions included and the individual personalities contribute to conflict e.g. members not attending or participating? What did the team do about this?
• Was there a free flow of ideas in the group and were differences of opinion welcomed or was their Group Think and one dominant view prevailed unchallenged to keep harmony?
As a point of interest see the literature on Group Think (Janis, 1972):
Groupthink ”a mode of thinking that people engage in when they are deeply involved in a cohesive in-group, when the members’ strivings for unanimity override their motivation to realistically appraise alternative courses of action.” It is the triumph of concurrence over good sense, and authority over expertise.
• COVID 19: How does a team prepare itself for unplanned changes and working in uncertain times?
• There is a lot of literature around about team working, leadership and change including the factors that promote or inhibit this so critically apply some to support your reflection e.g. Maslow, Tuckman, Adair, McGregor, Lewin., NHS Change Management Model, Making Every Contact Count, NMC and HCPC guidance
• A lot of questions have been asked about structure of the piece…we ask for no set structure it’s your choice how you write this reflection, the important point is that you cover the points above and demonstrate that you can critically reflect on your own leadership and team working skills. Sub headings can be used if these help you to organise your writing.
• Approximately 10-20 relevant good quality academic references should support your writing
• The Clinical Leadership Competency Framework self-assessment should be completed and the action plan ONLY attached as an appendix at the end of the work. These can be found on Aula. The action plan is NOT part of the word count. For more information on Clinical Leadership Framework check out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinical_nurse_leader
Plagiarism Free Papers
Thehomeworkwritings.com’s team of writers write all papers from scratch. We deliver 100% original, unique papers. That’s what makes us the best custom homework writing service
We provide unlimited free revisions to all customers and on all papers. Try The Homework Writings today for the best custom homework writing service and experience in the industry.
Thehomeworkwritings.com gives clients title pages free of charge. Your only job is to fill out our order form. We will handle the rest.
As the leading essay writing service, we never submit any paper without a reference/bibliography page. We do this free of charge too.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworkwritings.com, we take great pride in delivering only high-quality 100% original papers to all our clients. We also never share any of our clients’ information with third parties. Your data is safe with us.
24/7 Customer Support
No other custom homework writing service has a friendly, always available customer support team to respond to clients like us.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Why outsource our services
We have the best customer support team for your essay writing needs.
You won’t find any other custom homework writing service with pricing as flexible and affordable as ours.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We provide a direct line of communication with our writers for the best writing experience.
As the leading custom homework writing service, we take deadlines very seriously. You will have your paper submitted on time without any delays.
We truly value your feedback, good or bad, and always use your feedback to help us provide you with an even better custom homework writing service