College Composition II
Essay 3: Make an Argument to the Public
In the first part of the semester, you focused on gaining a deeper understanding of a local issue, gathering credible sources, and presenting an argument to an academic audience. Now, you will take the next step in Civic Engagement and Discourse: Making an argument to the public. Using your knowledge of the topic and your community, write a 500-word essay that presents your argument in an accessible and engaging manner for online consumption. You may use content and sources from your previous essays, but the challenge is to condense the material while still retaining your ethos. You should also engage the rhetorical approaches of ethos, pathos, and logos in a balanced, effective appeal to your targeted, public audience. A successful essay will contain the following elements:
● Attention to rhetorical elements including awareness and engagement of a general audience, smooth organization, appropriate and effective language choices, and tone, and effective introduction and conclusion.
● A clear purpose that presents a complex, yet the clear persuasive argument that is supported by credible sources and logical analysis.
● Effective use of a balance of rhetorical appeals (ethos, pathos logos) that avoids logical fallacies.
● Evidence of critical thinking and analysis of the topic. This includes avoiding false dichotomies and oversimplified conclusions.
● Smooth integration of a minimum of 3 credible sources. Please use signal phrases and framing to integrate sources. Use hyperlinks to cite your sources using keywords in the text instead of traditional academic in-text citations.
● Consideration and application of visual elements including images, text, white space, and page layout to engage the reader. You will not be formatted in APA or MLA for this assignment.
● Integrate at least one interactive element in your essay. Examples include an embedded video, interactive charts, a survey, links to contacting representatives or a petition, etc.
● A minimum of 500 words and a maximum of 750 words of text, written in a professional-looking format. For more information on Civil Discourse check on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_discourse
Plagiarism Free Papers
Thehomeworkwritings.com’s team of writers write all papers from scratch. We deliver 100% original, unique papers. That’s what makes us the best custom homework writing service
We provide unlimited free revisions to all customers and on all papers. Try The Homework Writings today for the best custom homework writing service and experience in the industry.
Thehomeworkwritings.com gives clients title pages free of charge. Your only job is to fill out our order form. We will handle the rest.
As the leading essay writing service, we never submit any paper without a reference/bibliography page. We do this free of charge too.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworkwritings.com, we take great pride in delivering only high-quality 100% original papers to all our clients. We also never share any of our clients’ information with third parties. Your data is safe with us.
24/7 Customer Support
No other custom homework writing service has a friendly, always available customer support team to respond to clients like us.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Why outsource our services
We have the best customer support team for your essay writing needs.
You won’t find any other custom homework writing service with pricing as flexible and affordable as ours.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We provide a direct line of communication with our writers for the best writing experience.
As the leading custom homework writing service, we take deadlines very seriously. You will have your paper submitted on time without any delays.
We truly value your feedback, good or bad, and always use your feedback to help us provide you with an even better custom homework writing service