Students must write a paper reviewing professional literature about 2 identified counseling theories of their choice, comparing/contrasting the theories in key components. The paper must have 8 to 10 double-spaced pages of content (excludes cover page, abstract, and reference list) and follow APA style. The literature review must include at least 10 articles and/or chapters published in professional journals or books targeting a professional audience, all of which must have been published within the last 15 years (between 2006 and 2020; no ERIC citations or encyclopedia entries).
The purpose of the paper is for you to demonstrate your understanding of the basic assumptions and key features of 2 approaches to counseling, as well as to contrast and compare them. So, I recommend using the following structure:
1. Introduction: Write a brief introduction section giving an overview of the paper and stating which approaches you chose to discuss.
2. Fundamental Assumptions: Describe the fundamental assumptions of theory 1 and theory 2. Keep in mind that your goal is to demonstrate that you have a basic working knowledge of both approaches. If you want, you can talk about how the two approaches are used to address a particular type of problem (such as substance abuse or depression) or how to help a population of interest (such as children whose parents went through divorce, or women in a domestic violence situation). This is not required though. Some people find that it is easier to search for articles on how an approach is applied to treat a specific disorder or clinical population than search for articles that simply describe the approach.
3. Views of Normal/Abnormal Behavior: Compare and contrast the two approaches in terms of their views of normal/abnormal behavior.
4. Assessment of Normal/Abnormal Behavior: Compare and contrast the two approaches in terms of assessment of normal/abnormal behavior.
5. Behavior Change: Compare and contrast the two approaches on how behavior change is facilitated.
6. Techniques: Compare and contrast the two approaches in terms of the types of techniques used.
7. Strengths and Shortcomings: discuss the strengths and shortcomings of the two approaches.
8. Conclusion: End the paper with a brief summary of what you discussed in previous sections. In the previous sections, your writing should be based on what you researched in books and articles (cite your sources). In the conclusion, you can add a personal opinion. For example, you can discuss which theory you favor, which you have the most experience with, or which you wish to devote more time reading about when you finish this course. You can also discuss how learning about these theories has contributed to your overall training as a counselor, etc… These should be your concluding thoughts. Whatever they may be.
In terms of APA style, what you need to pay attention to is how to format your paper. For example, make sure that you are using the correct font type, size and color; that you are using the correct margin size; that your cover page follows the standard format; that you are citing sources throughout the paper in an appropriate way; that you are listing them correctly at the end of the paper in the references list; that paragraphs are indented correctly; that the text is double-spaced; etc…
1. This paper requires that you integrate information you find in a minimum of 10 sources. You can use the Corey textbook as one of your sources. This means that you need to search for and review another 9 sources to write this paper (this is the minimum; you can search and reference more sources if you want).
2. You need to search for at least 10 references dated between the years 2006 and 2020. You can include older references if you want, but they must be in addition to the 10 required references.
3. Journal articles and books that can be used for this paper should be searched through the NSU Alvin Sherman Library. You can come to the library in person to do the search, or you can do the search online, from wherever you are. Here is a link to the library webpage: http://sherman.library.nova.edu/(Links to an external site.) For more information on Child Counselling check out : https://www.encyclopedia.com/medicine/psychology/psychology-and-psychiatry/child-psychology
Plagiarism Free Papers
Thehomeworkwritings.com’s team of writers write all papers from scratch. We deliver 100% original, unique papers. That’s what makes us the best custom homework writing service
We provide unlimited free revisions to all customers and on all papers. Try The Homework Writings today for the best custom homework writing service and experience in the industry.
Thehomeworkwritings.com gives clients title pages free of charge. Your only job is to fill out our order form. We will handle the rest.
As the leading essay writing service, we never submit any paper without a reference/bibliography page. We do this free of charge too.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworkwritings.com, we take great pride in delivering only high-quality 100% original papers to all our clients. We also never share any of our clients’ information with third parties. Your data is safe with us.
24/7 Customer Support
No other custom homework writing service has a friendly, always available customer support team to respond to clients like us.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Why outsource our services
We have the best customer support team for your essay writing needs.
You won’t find any other custom homework writing service with pricing as flexible and affordable as ours.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We provide a direct line of communication with our writers for the best writing experience.
As the leading custom homework writing service, we take deadlines very seriously. You will have your paper submitted on time without any delays.
We truly value your feedback, good or bad, and always use your feedback to help us provide you with an even better custom homework writing service