Choose a different child or adolescent from the child you last wrote about and from the following age ranges covered in class. You may find it helpful to choose a child with developmental challenges or abnormal behaviour that may provide you with more opportunity for more in-depth analysis and treatment planning. At the beginning of your paper please clarify what age group your child is in Final Paper: Early Childhood (3-5) Middle Childhood (6-11) Choose a child from your field-work, work, or volunteer setting.
Please do not use a family member or someone with whom you are well acquainted! In your paper include the following:
1. Be sure (if you choose the fieldwork, work, or volunteer setting) to maintain confidentiality. Do not use the name or other identifiable information about the child or adolescent.
2. Describe the setting and type of interaction you have with the child or adolescent. How many times did you observe? For how long? How did you gather information?
3. Describe any abnormal behaviour, emotional expression, developmental (e.g. motor), physical, and cognitive functioning. If a diagnosis is appropriate, please indicate and justify. What strengths does the child or adolescent have?
4. What developmental stage is the child or adolescent currently in? What milestone(s) has been reached to indicate this? Apply at least two theories relevant to understanding the child or adolescent. (I.e. Erickson’s Psychosocial stages, Piaget’s Stages of Cognitive Development).
5. Describe the general tone/dynamics of the family system and social environment. You may include heredity issues, prenatal issues, physical, cognitive, emotional, spiritual, social, developmental issues, and sociocultural issues affecting the child or adolescent. For instance: Has there been prenatal exposure to any substances? Is the child growing up in an unsafe neighbourhood? Is the family able to afford opportunities for recreational activities or healthy food choices? How are parents encouraging social, cognitive, and physical development? How is the family fostering spiritual development?
6. What is your understanding and evaluation of the presenting problem for the child or adolescent? If no presenting problem is apparent, what is your understanding and evaluation of how the child has experienced healthy development?
CHILD AND ADOLESCENT PSYCHOLOGY
7. Utilize a therapeutic approach discussed in class and/or researched outside of class to conceptualize and treat said child or adolescent. Make a treatment plan outlining this. Be creative! How is the youth’s family to be involved in treatment? If there is no identified dysfunction: Outline a plan that would encourage continued healthy development.
8. How would you consider approaching the work with this child or adolescent from a Christian perspective? How would your faith influence and inform your work with this child or adolescent?
9. Describe your personal reaction to the child or adolescent and their situation.
10. Reference at least 5 additional Peer-reviewed articles in your paper, using research-based ideas to back your treatment plan and understanding of the child you are writing about. Refer to information discussed in class lectures that demonstrates involvement and interaction with the material.
• Write 5 pages.
• Remember that citations and papers must be in APA format. They should be double-spaced and include a title page.
• Cite the textbook and any other resources on the works cited page.
• The assignment page length does not include the title page or works cited. For more information on Child and Adolescent Psychology check on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?search=Child+and+Adolescent+Psychology&title=Special%3ASearch&go=Go&ns0=1
Plagiarism Free Papers
Thehomeworkwritings.com’s team of writers write all papers from scratch. We deliver 100% original, unique papers. That’s what makes us the best custom homework writing service
We provide unlimited free revisions to all customers and on all papers. Try The Homework Writings today for the best custom homework writing service and experience in the industry.
Thehomeworkwritings.com gives clients title pages free of charge. Your only job is to fill out our order form. We will handle the rest.
As the leading essay writing service, we never submit any paper without a reference/bibliography page. We do this free of charge too.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworkwritings.com, we take great pride in delivering only high-quality 100% original papers to all our clients. We also never share any of our clients’ information with third parties. Your data is safe with us.
24/7 Customer Support
No other custom homework writing service has a friendly, always available customer support team to respond to clients like us.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We have the best customer support team for your essay writing needs.
You won’t find any other custom homework writing service with pricing as flexible and affordable as ours.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We provide a direct line of communication with our writers for the best writing experience.
As the leading custom homework writing service, we take deadlines very seriously. You will have your paper submitted on time without any delays.
We truly value your feedback, good or bad, and always use your feedback to help us provide you with an even better custom homework writing service