In your exploration of readings this module, you will find articles of interest that focus on two of the most deadly areas of disease in the U.S.: cardiovascular diseases and respiratory diseases.
You should spend approximately 10 hours on this assignment.
1. From the list of selected readings below, choose two with topics that you know the least about or are most interesting to you.
2. Then search for, read, and incorporate other readings of your choice in your area of interest that focus on cardiovascular diseases and/or respiratory diseases. You might include:
-1-2 journal articles or websites.
-Book chapters (past textbooks may be good options)
-Your goal is to have a total of at least 60 pages of content read.
3. Your summary of each reading should be at least one paragraph (100-200 words) and include the following information:
-All references must be cited using APA Style format.
-Number of pages read.
-Keywords you used to find the reading.
-A link to the reading.
-Why you selected the reading.
-Main point of the reading.
-Describe how the health deviations you read about alter normal physiology.
-Provide your key takeaway from the reading. This could be something that made you pause, changed your thinking, supported your thinking, or made you question something.
4. In your post for Module 2, post how your thinking has been supported or how it has changed since the last module in regards to finding reliable and valid content.
5. In this same post, include an example of a medical website or resource that you think is reliable and valid. Be sure to explain why you feel it is reliable and why you think it is valid. If your peers have already posted, be sure to post a different resource or site different from that of your peers. You can build on the list of places you look to for information!
Selected Readings (choose 2) (Login id: S02376483)
Choose two readings. All readings are available through the CCCOnline Library in CINAHL Plus With Full Text.
1. Caceres, B.A., Brody, A., Luscombe, R.E., Primiano, J.E., Marusca, P., Sitts, E.M., Chyun, D. (2017). A Systematic Review of Cardiovascular Disease in Sexual Minorities. American Journal of Public Health, 107(4): e13-e21. doi: 10.2105/AJPH.2016.303630.
2. Ding, S., Huang, H., Xu, Y., Zhu, H., & Zhong, C. (2017). MiR-222 in cardiovascular diseases: Physiology and pathology. Biomed Research International, 1-6. doi:10.1155/2017/4962426.
3. Garcia, M.C., Bastian, B., Rossen, L.M., Anderson, R., Minino, A., Yoon, P.W., Faul, M., Massetti, G., Thomas, C.C., Hong, Y, Iademarco, M.F. (2016). Potentially Preventable Deaths Among the Five Leading Causes of Death – the United States, 2010 and 2014. MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report, 65(45): 1245-1255. doi: 10.15585/mmwr.mm6545a1.
4. Lin, Y., Ng, K., Exadaktylos, A. K., Ryan, J. M., Wu, H. (2017). Shock, cardiac arrest, and resuscitation. Biomed Research International (2017)1-2. doi:10.1155/2017/5743702
5. Maron, B. J., Levine, B. D., Washington, R. L., Baggish, A. L., Kovacs, R. J., & Maron, M. S. (2015). Eligibility and disqualification recommendations for competitive athletes with cardiovascular abnormalities: Taskforce 2: Pre-participation screening for cardiovascular disease in competitive athletes: A scientific statement from the American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology. Circulation, 132(22): e267-e272. doi:10.1161/CIR.000000000000023
6. Peterken, C. (2014). Smoking and respiratory disease: The role of the community nurse. Journal of Community Nursing, 28(4), 72-77.
7. Porcel, J. M., Statophoulos, G., & Lee, Y. C. G. (2015). Advances and controversies in pleural diseases. Journal of Thoracic Disease, 7(6), 961-963. doi:10.3978/j.issn.2072-1439.2015.04.29.
8. Ratto Guimarães, M. V., & Rangel Teixeira, E. (2015). Family care for infants with respiratory diseases: An exploratory descriptive study. Online Brazilian Journal of Nursing, 14(3), 1-8.
9. Silver, P.C., Kollef, M.H., Clinkscale, D., Watts, P., Kidder, R., Eads, B., Bennett, D., Lora, C., Quartaro, M. (2017). A Respiratory Therapist Disease Management Program for Subjects Hospitalized with COPD. Respiratory Care, 62(1), 1-9. doi: 10.4187/respcare.05030
10. Tickner, A., & Jensen, J. (2016). TCCs & DAMA in obese patients with lymphedema. Podiatry Management, 35(9), 77-82.
***” For each article, cite it in the word document in APA format, indicate how many pages you read, then write a paragraph or two summarizing the article and what you learned from it. Then cite the next article, pages, summarize it (basically repeat the steps)”**** For more information on Cardiovascular Disease check on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardiovascular_disease
Plagiarism Free Papers
Thehomeworkwritings.com’s team of writers write all papers from scratch. We deliver 100% original, unique papers. That’s what makes us the best custom homework writing service
We provide unlimited free revisions to all customers and on all papers. Try The Homework Writings today for the best custom homework writing service and experience in the industry.
Thehomeworkwritings.com gives clients title pages free of charge. Your only job is to fill out our order form. We will handle the rest.
As the leading essay writing service, we never submit any paper without a reference/bibliography page. We do this free of charge too.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworkwritings.com, we take great pride in delivering only high-quality 100% original papers to all our clients. We also never share any of our clients’ information with third parties. Your data is safe with us.
24/7 Customer Support
No other custom homework writing service has a friendly, always available customer support team to respond to clients like us.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Why outsource our services
We have the best customer support team for your essay writing needs.
You won’t find any other custom homework writing service with pricing as flexible and affordable as ours.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We provide a direct line of communication with our writers for the best writing experience.
As the leading custom homework writing service, we take deadlines very seriously. You will have your paper submitted on time without any delays.
We truly value your feedback, good or bad, and always use your feedback to help us provide you with an even better custom homework writing service