1) This assessment is designed for students to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of Marketing Communications theories and concepts by reviewing a real campaign and, with expertise, recognise the strengths and weaknesses of the campaign.
2) It is expected to develop sound recommendations, with appropriate rationale, as to how the selected company or brand should move forward with its future campaigns.
3) Pick a company or product that has been advertised very heavily in Singapore across a range of media.
4) Provide a detailed background brief – what is the product or service, what is the customer need it fulfils, and a description of the customers it serves.
5) Also include what you believe the communication objectives to be based on your assessment of the campaign.
6) Summarise the media being used as part of the campaign. This will include a discussion of the strengths and weaknesses of the media, critically present the ads (youtube URLS, other URLS, screenshots, photos, verbatim descriptions of radio ads etc) and describe what these ads have achieved.
7) Write a conclusion with recommendations on how to address the weaknesses or capitalise on the existing strength of the media.
Format of the paper:
- Times New Romans
- 12 Font size
- Single-line spacing
- Chicago Referencing Style
- More than 1000 words
- At least 4 academic journal references should be cited
- Attached pictures to be under appendices
- Background Brief – Description of the product/brand, the need fulfilled, the market segment(s) targeted and the apparent communication objectives [8 Marks]
- Media Summary – Description of the approach used; identify full extent of campaign, assessment of strengths and weaknesses [8 Marks]
- Recommendations for improvement based on summary [10 Marks]
- Quality of Writing – clarity in writing, concise, avoiding grammatical and spelling errors [2 Marks]
- Overall Report Presentation – Correct formatting, appropriate appendices, extent of references. [2 Marks]
27th Oct 2019, GMT +8 1200hrs.