The goal of this lab report is to answer the following two questions: Is there a difference in the effectiveness of the three antibiotics azithromycin, ceftriaxone, ciprofloxacin against Neisseria meningitidis, Haemophilus influenzae and Streptococcus pneumoniae? How does cell wall structure affect susceptibility to antibiotics (those used in your sensitivity testing)? The experimental design used to answer these questions is performing a disc-diffusion antibiotic susceptibility test and gram staining. The results of both experiments are: Streptococcus pneumoniae is gram positive, Neisseria meningitidis is gram negative, and Haemophilus influenzae is gram negative. I have attached a bar graph that shows the results of the disc-diffusion antibiotic susceptibility test which are the average diameters of the zone of inhibitions for each bacteria with each antibiotic. I have also attached the peer-reviewed papers needed for 7) “CSLI zone size interpretative chart” and “BD antimicrobial susceptibility test.”
1) Give background information on all bacteria and antibiotics you did your experiment on(mentioned above)
2) Write about what is already known about them in the research literature. 6 journal papers minimum – primary scientific articles (4 at least) and secondary scientific articles (review papers). Find more recent papers, published within the last 10– 20 years.
3) What is left unanswered and what is the significance of your experiment?
4) What are your goals (objectives)? The aim of your study should be clearly stated immediately after discussing the basic references.
5) Mention your experimental design.
6) State the hypothesis and your prediction(s) in the last paragraph. Don’t forget to cite throughout the text – (author, year), for example: (Jensen, 2006) or (Stevens and Bonvecchio, 2001) or (Zhou et al., 2010).
Written in present tense, and past tense if mentioning previously found data.
7) Use past tense to state what you found out in your experiments, whether your results support the hypothesis, or your results falsified the hypothesis.
8) Interpret your findings and discuss their significance
9)Draw conclusions and relate your data/findings to what has already been done in this field
10)Compare your data to findings from published peer-reviewed papers to prove the results you got are valid or not. (No Quotes! You need to paraphrase the information you got from your sources and cite the author(s) of those papers)
11)Propose future experiments.
12)Talk about implications of your research. For more information on Bacteria and Antibiotics Lab Report check out : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antibiotic
Plagiarism Free Papers
Thehomeworkwritings.com’s team of writers write all papers from scratch. We deliver 100% original, unique papers. That’s what makes us the best custom homework writing service
We provide unlimited free revisions to all customers and on all papers. Try The Homework Writings today for the best custom homework writing service and experience in the industry.
Thehomeworkwritings.com gives clients title pages free of charge. Your only job is to fill out our order form. We will handle the rest.
As the leading essay writing service, we never submit any paper without a reference/bibliography page. We do this free of charge too.
Originality & Security
At Thehomeworkwritings.com, we take great pride in delivering only high-quality 100% original papers to all our clients. We also never share any of our clients’ information with third parties. Your data is safe with us.
24/7 Customer Support
No other custom homework writing service has a friendly, always available customer support team to respond to clients like us.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Why outsource our services
We have the best customer support team for your essay writing needs.
You won’t find any other custom homework writing service with pricing as flexible and affordable as ours.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
We provide a direct line of communication with our writers for the best writing experience.
As the leading custom homework writing service, we take deadlines very seriously. You will have your paper submitted on time without any delays.
We truly value your feedback, good or bad, and always use your feedback to help us provide you with an even better custom homework writing service